- Today’s main news: Coinbase adds support for ERC20 tokens. LitePay abruptly shuts down. Ripple offers bounty for bug reports. Santander to launch international money transfer app with Ripple. Investigators leave Cambridge Analytica with a van full of evidence. Bitmain develops Ethereum ASIC miner.
- Today’s main analysis: Elliot Wave for cryptocurrencies.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Cryptocurrencies, stocks move in opposite directions. Why Bitcoin will not be a global currency. These college friends built a $100M blockchain business. Github on the top coins. Binance CEO says Malta is the next blockchain hub. Is Yahoo Japan launching a crypto exchange, or not?
- Coinbase adds support for ERC20 tokens. AT: “Good news for ERC20 token issuers and those who want to invest in Ethereum projects.”
- Why Coinbase won’t add new cryptos any time soon.
- Coinbase bug exterminated.
- LitePay comes to abrupt end. AT: “This is an interesting saga. Litecoin pumped up the excitement then suspended LitePay. Now they’ve shut it down completely and issued apologies. What can the crypto community learn from this fail?”
- Litecoin drops 10%.
- Lee, Litecoin Foundation apologize.
- Elliot Wave on cryptocurrencies. AT: “This is an interesting analysis of Ethereum, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ripple using Elliot Waves. The charts say a lot.”
- Ripple announces bounty for bug reports. AT: “A great way to find bugs quickly and take care of them before they become a problem.”
- Ripple could support text messaging soon.
- Cryptos, stocks move in opposite directions. AT: “Probably not always.”
- Should your IRA include Bitcoin?
- Quorum may split off.
- Circle Internet Finance claims to be profitable.
- Andreesen Horowitz invests in Anchor Labs.
- Wall Street BTC analyst starts Maco.la blockchain investment fund.
- Unchained Capital expands to California.
- Ethical guidelines for crypto marketing.
- WorthyAirdrops tells you where the airdrops are.
- Blockchain-based supply chain for gold.
- An ETF for crypto.
- Escobar claims CIA created Bitcoin.
- SEC crypto hedge fund probe is good.
- FCC wants to bar funding for companies that pose security threats.
- Can the crypto market support ETFs?
- Santander to launch global money transfer app with Ripple. AT: “Proof that Ripple is slowly gaining mainstream adoption.”
- Hey, Jack! Bitcoin will not become a global currency. AT: “Funny, tongue in cheek, and true.”
- College friends built a $100M blockchain business.
- Github on top 10 cryptocurrencies. AT: “Just because it’s on Github doesn’t make it worthwhile.”
- Peaq backs up IOTA.
- Why OmiseGO is the only crypto Buterin has backed.
- BitPay launches Bitcoin Cash for invoices.
- Ethereum Classic moves ahead.
- 12 thoughts on crypto after five months down the rabbit hole.
- Conn3x launches AI- and blockchain-based job marketplace.
- DeVere to give away free Ripple.
- Binance CEO says Malta will be next blockchain hub. AT: “All of a sudden, Malta and Binance have a deep romance.”
- The EU has a framework for crypto.
- Dutch court says Bitcoin has wealth properties.
- Deutsche Borse Group partners with HQLAx on blockchain platform.
- Malta is getting more high-profile attention.
- Yahoo Japan to launch crypto exchange.
- No, Yahoo Japan will not launch a crypto exchange.
- Bitmain develops Ethereum ASIC miner.
- Binance opens QLC/BTC and QLC/ETH markets.
- Fujitsu develops tech that identifies Ethereum smart contract bugs.
- Why Korea could be the first crypto-powered nation.
- Safewords: Distributed backup for cryptocurrency keys.
- W12 platform for ICO projects.
- United Kingdom: Investigators leave Cambridge Analytica with van full of evidence.
- United Kingdom: EMA plan energy efficient trials with Energi Mine.
- Russia: Launch your ICO with B2BBroker.
- Belarus: Ministry of finance releases crypto accounting framework.
- Venezuela: Petro convertible into rubles.
- Canada: Brome-Missisquoi bans crypto mining.
- Canada: Block One Capital ICO investment strategy and crypto hedge strategist appointment.
- United States
- Crypto Exchange Coinbase Adds Support for Ethereum-Based Tokens (Bloomberg), Rated: AAA
- Why Coinbase Won’t Add New Cryptos Anytime Soon (CoinDesk), Rated: A
- Coinbase Bug Problem Exterminated by Vicompany (Hibusiness), Rated: B
- Litecoin Payments Startup That Won Trader Favor Abruptly Shuts Down (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
- Cryptocurrency litecoin falls 10% after payments processor ‘LitePay’ closes; ‘We got too excited,’ coin founder says (CNBC), Rated: B
- Charlie Lee and Litecoin Foundation Apologize After LitePay Folds (Bitsonline), Rated: A
- Elroy’s Elliott Wave: Cryptocurrency Edition (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
- Ripple [XRP] announces bounty for bug reports! (AMBCrypto), Rated: AAA
- Ripple [XRP] might support text messages soon – deposits, withdrawals, and transfers with one simple text (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies And Stocks Move In Opposite Directions (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- Should You Have Bitcoin In Your IRA? (Forbes), Rated: A
- JPMorgan Chase’s Quorum may go solo (Business Insider), Rated: A
- Goldman-Backed Cryptocurrency Startup Says It’s Profitable (Bloomberg), Rated: A
- Andreessen Horowitz invests in in digital custody startup Anchor Labs (Axios), Rated: A
- Exec Who Published First Wall Street BTC Price Analysis Co-Founds Blockchain Fund (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- Unchained Capital expands to California, announces bug bounty (Bankless Times), Rated: A
- Establishing ethical guidelines for marketing cryptocurrencies (TechCrunch), Rated: A
- This Cool Site is the Best Platform for Finding Cryptocurrency Airdrops (The USA Commerce), Rated: A
- Gold’s supply chain is coming to the blockchain (CNBC), Rated: A
- An ETF For Crypto And Blockchain Fans (Forbes), Rated: A
- Pablo Escobar Cryptocurrency – Claims BTC is the CIA’s creation (Cryptocurrency News), Rated: A
- SEC’s crypto hedge fund probe is healthy for the industry (The Hill), Rated: A
- FCC chairman moves to bar funding for companies that pose security threats (The Washington Post), Rated: B
- Cboe Prods SEC on Bitcoin ETF Approval in New Letter (CoinDesk), Rated: B
- Santander to Launch Ripple-Based International Money Transfer App (Finance Magnates), Rated: AAA
- Sorry Jack, Bitcoin will not become the global currency (Financial Times), Rated: AAA
- HOW COLLEGE FRIENDS BUILT A $ 100 MILLION BLOCKCHAIN BUSINESS (Northwestern.edu), Rated: AAA
- Increased Github Scrutiny Means Lazy ICO Developers Have No Place to Hide (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- IOTA (MIOTA) Gets Backed Up by Peaq Innovative Exchange Platform (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
- OmiseGo – Why OMG is the Only Coin Vitalik Buterin has Backed (The Independent Republic), Rated: A
- BitPay Implements Bitcoin Cash for Invoices (CryptoSlate), Rated: A
- Huge Plans for Ethereum Classic (ETC) as 2018 is Moving Forward (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
- 5 More Thoughts On Crypto After Another Five Months Down The Rabbit Hole (AlleyWatch), Rated: A
- Conn3x Launches Blockchain and AI-based Job Marketplace (Coinspeaker), Rated: B
- DeVere to give away free Ripple coins in exchange for sign-ups (Finextra), Rated: B
- European Union
- Binance CEO Zhao Changpeng: We are Convinced that Malta will be the Next Hotbed for Innovative Blockchain Companies (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
- GDPR: A Game Changer Is Coming for Cryptocurrency (CCN), Rated: A
- Dutch Court Rules That Bitcoin Has “Properties of Wealth” (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- German Securities Exchange Deutsche Börse Group Partners With HQLAx For Blockchain Platform (CoinTelegraph), Rated: B
- Looks Like Malta Has Attracted Three More Crypto Companies (Lovin Malta), Rated: B
- United Kingdom
- Information commissioners leave Cambridge Analytica with a van full of evidence after searching for seven hours (Daily Mail), Rated: AAA
- EMA plan energy efficiency trials in conjunction with Energi Mine (Medium), Rated: A
- Bitmain Has Developed an Ethereum ASIC Miner, Wall Street Analyst Claims (CCN), Rated: AAA
- Binance opens QLC/BTC and QLC/ETH markets (NEO News Today), Rated: A
- Yahoo Japan to Launch its cryptocurrency exchange despite the fact Binance is having conflicts with FSA (FXStreet), Rated: AAA
- No, Yahoo Japan Isn’t Launching a Cryptocurrency Exchange — Yet (CryptoSlate), Rated: A
- Fujitsu Develops New Technology that Identifies Ethereum Smart Contract Bugs (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
- Why Korea Could Be the First Cryptocurrency-Powered Nation (Bitcoin Magazine), Rated: A
- Meet Safewords – Distributed Backup for Cryptocurrency Keys (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- Introducing the W12 Platform: No More Scam ICO Projects (PR Newswire), Rated: B
- Launch Your ICO With B2Broker’s Ready-Made Infrastructure (Coin Idol), Rated: A
- Belarusian Ministry Of Finance Releases Cryptocurrency Accounting Framework (CoinTelegraph), Rated: B
- Latin America
- Venezuela’s oil-backed cryptocurrency will be convertible to Russian rubles (RT.com), Rated: AAA
- As One City in Quebec Bans Digital Currency Mining, Others Welcome It (Coinsquare), Rated: A
- Block One Capital Inc. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Investment Strategy & Addition Of Crypto Hedge Strategist (GlobeNewswire), Rated: B
Crypto Exchange Coinbase Adds Support for Ethereum-Based Tokens (Bloomberg), Rated: AAA
The San Francisco-based company said it will support Ethereum’s ERC20 technical standard on its platform in the coming months, according to a blog post the firm published Monday. ERC20 is the technical standard used to build Ethereum-based tokens, such as EOS, Qtum, OmiseGo and Bancor. There are more than 50,000 ERC20 token contracts, according to Etherscan website.
Why Coinbase Won’t Add New Cryptos Anytime Soon (CoinDesk), Rated: A
Supporting new crypto assets may be a “top priority” for Coinbase, but any such additions to its order books might not be close on the horizon.
According to Coinbase general manager Dan Romero, the San Francisco-based exchange wants to add several new cryptocurrencies in line with customer feedback, but it’s treading cautiously as U.S. regulators deliberate on how they might treat certain uses of the technology.
Coinbase Bug Problem Exterminated by Vicompany (Hibusiness), Rated: B
This latest vulnerability was found within the Coinbase platform which permitted anyone to have money that isn’t theirs.
“The issue was fixed by changing the contract handling logic — Analysis of the issue indicated the only accidental loss for Coinbase and no exploitation attempts.”
The Dutch company that is Vicompany found this bug for which it was rewarded $10,000.
Litecoin Payments Startup That Won Trader Favor Abruptly Shuts Down (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
Would-be Litecoin merchant processor LitePay has abruptly terminated its operations, the Litecoin Foundation announced in a post on its website on Monday.
Cryptocurrency litecoin falls 10% after payments processor ‘LitePay’ closes; ‘We got too excited,’ coin founder says (CNBC), Rated: B
Litecoin dropped Monday after news that payments processor LitePay has ceased operations, prompting an apology from the coin’s founder for promoting the start-up.
The cryptocurrency traded roughly 10 percent lower near $145 as of 4:08 p.m. ET, according to CoinMarketCap. Litecoin is down about 28.5 percent for the month and 37.5 percent for the year so far.
Charlie Lee and Litecoin Foundation Apologize After LitePay Folds (Bitsonline), Rated: A
Litecoin founder Charlie Lee and the Litecoin Foundation have both issued apologies over the apparent failure of LitePay. The much-anticipated LTC payment processor ceased operations after the Foundation questioned CEO Kenneth Asare over his past use of its funds, and refused to finance the project any further.
Elroy’s Elliott Wave: Cryptocurrency Edition (Seeking Alpha), Rated: AAA
The aim of this series of articles is to review possible scenarios in various cryptocurrency markets using Elliott Wave, fractals and other technical analysis.
Looking closer at the recent drop, Ethereum has declined in a clear trend channel and is quite clearly in its 5th wave (or third large swing down), which is always the last in a trend sequence. This 5th wave is slower and losing momentum, as we would expect.
At first glance, I can count 5 waves. The count shown below is perfectly valid and means Ethereum has bottomed.
As we have seen, Ethereum is already below the February low, while Litecoin is still some way higher. Yet judging by the Litecoin pattern, it will follow lower and at least test the $100 low once more to finish off the trend sequence and make a large recovery.
Ripple is the most volatile of the big four cryptos and I find it the hardest to count. This tells us a bottom should form around 0.4.
Ripple [XRP] announces bounty for bug reports! (AMBCrypto), Rated: AAA
Ripple recently had announced the release of a new version of their software Rippled 0.90.1. They are taking it to the next level by announcing a bug bounty program on their official website. This solves the issue of having to listen to frequent complaints about bugs in the software and also helps the Ripple team to improve their technology.
Ripple [XRP] might support text messages soon – deposits, withdrawals, and transfers with one simple text (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
According to the latest news from Reddit, XRP deposits, withdrawals, and transfers can be done using just simple text messages. The development is in final stages and is almost ready to be tested, tweeted Wietse Wind, CEO of iPublications and Founder of Nodum app who has been working on this development.
Cryptocurrencies And Stocks Move In Opposite Directions (Forbes), Rated: AAA
All of the top 10 currencies were down at least 7% at the time of report, according to CoinMarketCap.
The major stock indices had recovered, however, with the S&P 500 index up close to 1.5% at the time of report and the Dow Jones Industrial Average 1.9 higher, Google Finance data shows.
“I don’t see any relationship between crypto prices and this potential trade war,” said Jeff Koyen, CEO of 360 Blockchain USA.
“I believe we’re in a G20 hangover,” he stated.
Should You Have Bitcoin In Your IRA? (Forbes), Rated: A
But should you have Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies in your Individual Retirement Account (IRA)? After all, what’s not to like since Bitcoin gained some 1,200% last year? Wouldn’t that create a nest egg in no time?
Hold onto your wallet. Cryptocurrencies are shamelessly volatile. Bitcoin has lost more than half of its value this year and may be headed further south. No one really knows which digital currency will prevail over time.
JPMorgan Chase’s Quorum may go solo (Business Insider), Rated: A
Goldman-Backed Cryptocurrency Startup Says It’s Profitable (Bloomberg), Rated: A
Circle Internet Finance Ltd., a Goldman Sachs Group Inc.-backed startup focused on mobile payments and cryptocurrencies, said it has reached profitability and hired a former Boxed Wholesale executive to lead finance and risk.
Andreessen Horowitz invests in in digital custody startup Anchor Labs (Axios), Rated: A
Andreessen Horowitz has invested in Anchor Labs, a stealthy startup planning to provide digital asset custody, according to multiple sources. The startup is raising up to $17 million in Series A funding, according to a Delaware filing from December that Axios obtained from Lagniappe Labs, though it’s not clear whether the round has closed yet and who else participated.
Exec Who Published First Wall Street BTC Price Analysis Co-Founds Blockchain Fund (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
Sheri Kaiserman, the now former head of Wall Street’s Wedbush Securities, has left the company in order to co-found a Blockchain investment fund and advisory business, Bloomberg reported March 20.
Kaiserman’s new Blockchain investment fund, Maco.la, has already raised $6 mln in funding, led by Strome Management Investment, and has a goal of raising $40 mln in total, according to their press release.
Unchained Capital expands to California, announces bug bounty (Bankless Times), Rated: A
Unchained Capital heads into spring on quite the roll.
The financial services company offering loans secured with Bitcoin as collateral recently received their California Financial Lender License, a move allowing them to begin offering cryptocurrency-secured loans in the state.
Unchained Capital has also released an open-source multisig contract for Ethereum which enables Ethereum holders and services to take part in multisig transactions safely and simply using their hardware wallets. The smart contract is accessible via a hosted dApp.
Establishing ethical guidelines for marketing cryptocurrencies (TechCrunch), Rated: A
A recent survey by Lendedu showed that nearly 50% believe the government should not play a stronger role in regulating Bitcoin and virtual currencies in 2018.
On the other hand, some experts say that the market is ready and even needs regulation to stabilize and gain the trust of mainstream investors. “I believe we need more regulation. It will hurt in the short term, but I believe it will eventually add a zero to the market cap,” said Protocol Ventures founder Rick Marini in an Q&A with VSC. “There’s a lot of big money—pension funds, endowments, institutional money—that is sitting on the sidelines, waiting for clarification.
We should be looking to platforms likeIndiegogo for inspiration on what a self-regulated crypto market should look like.
This Cool Site is the Best Platform for Finding Cryptocurrency Airdrops (The USA Commerce), Rated: A
They are far the most lucrative way to amass high-value digital currencies, and that’s true for a number of reasons: the coins are often super obscure, freshly-launched, and you typically get between $1.00 and $3.00 worth of currency.
How do I find out about crypto airdrops?
Cryptocurrency airdrops happen all the time, and there are a variety of ways you can find them. If you are a crypto trader, you know how important Twitter has become to the entire ecosystem – so, obviously, there are a bunch of resources on Twitter. There are a ton of accounts that tweet out informationon crypto airdrop events – just search “airdrops” on Twitter.
When it came to web-based airdrop information, we didn’t really like what we saw online until we found WorthyAirdrops.com.
Gold’s supply chain is coming to the blockchain (CNBC), Rated: A
Physical gold is coming to the digital gold rush known as blockchain technology — and one company is working to ensure that it’s responsibly sourced.
That’s according to a U.S.-based financial technology company, Emergent Technology Holdings, that is hoping to digitally encode the gold supply chain using blockchain tech in the first half of this year.
The company is creating a digital token that it says will be backed fully by gold in the hopes of offering a way to trade the metal with greater liquidity, says Emergent’s chief commercial officer, Mitchell Davis.
An ETF For Crypto And Blockchain Fans (Forbes), Rated: A
Reality Shares is an exchange-traded fund issuer and an asset management company. We are historically known for our quantitative methods and innovative ways of thinking about investing in stocks. We launched four ETFs prior to 2017, and then in January 2018, launched a new, exchange-traded fund based on the blockchain economy, the Reality Shares Nasdaq NexGen Economy ETF (BLCN).
Pablo Escobar Cryptocurrency – Claims BTC is the CIA’s creation (Cryptocurrency News), Rated: A
However, after his investigations, he concluded that Satoshi Nakamoto is actually an identity created by the U.S. government to control the world economy and that Satoshi’s real name is alias Miguel Caña:
“Miguel Caña show your face! I am writing this book for you to show your real face, and tell the world who you really are, Miguel Caña. Tell them about what you do for the American Government, and how you are ruining lives. How you are threatening people and making their lives worse by investing in your worthless Bitcoin that you Miguel Caña later will sell; sell them all, every single coin. I don’t know if Miguel Caña is the person that pushes the button for the American Government to sell $10 Billion Dollars’ worth of Bitcoin. But I know that Miguel Caña is the one that sent us the passport of Satoshi Nakamoto, who is claiming to be the founder of Bitcoin”
SEC’s crypto hedge fund probe is healthy for the industry (The Hill), Rated: A
A recent report on planned examinations by the Securities and Exchange Commission of more than 100 cryptocurrency funds is the latest example of regulatory scrutiny of digital currency — an unflinching gaze that continues to be healthy for the industry.
With only about 220 funds in existence, and the SEC reportedly looking to interview almost half of them, this appears to be a pre-policy setting industry review, especially since the questions the SEC is reportedly asking center on some of the main points of open regulatory issues in the space, rather than probing for questions centered on violations.
Three key areas of uncertainty for crypto funds
1) How will SEC regulation affect so-called initial coin offerings (where digital currency is released to the open market like an unregulated version of a company’s initial stock offering)?
2) How will cryptocurrency exchanges (where coins are bought and sold like a stock exchange) comply with SEC requirements?
3) And, perhaps most important of all, how will the SEC and state law impose custody requirements on cryptocurrencies?
FCC chairman moves to bar funding for companies that pose security threats (The Washington Post), Rated: B
Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai on Monday said he was proposing new rules to bar the use of funds from a government program to purchase equipment or services from companies that pose a security threat to U.S. communications networks.
Cboe Prods SEC on Bitcoin ETF Approval in New Letter (CoinDesk), Rated: B
A senior executive for Cboe Global Markets believes that the market could support the launch of a bitcoin exchange-traded product (ETP), according to a new letter sent to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Santander to Launch Ripple-Based International Money Transfer App (Finance Magnates), Rated: AAA
Bank Santander plans to launch a Ripple-based international payments app in the spring, according to Business Insider.
Sorry Jack, Bitcoin will not become the global currency (Financial Times), Rated: AAA
So what would the
monetary system world look like if Mr Dorsey, per chance, turned out to be correct…
If M1 continues to grow at its thirty year OECD average of 16%, then M1 will be $210trn by 2028. Split across the projected 20,367,000 bitcoins in circulation, each of the digital tokens would be worth just over $10m.
The purported Bitcoin stash of anonymous Bitcoin inventor Satoshi would be valued at $10trn. Assuming the Winklevoss twins don’t spend their fortune, it would come to just short of $1trn. Together, they will control 5 per cent of the world’s liquid currency.
In their model, Digiconomist estimate that operational costs are roughly 60 per cent of Bitcoin mining revenues. Because mining is competitive, the incentive is to throw electricity and processing power at it so long as the economics make sense. By 2028, the mining reward of 3.13 Bitcoins will total $32m in our thought experiment, so operational costs will be a mammoth $19m.
Say four-fifths of Bitcoin mining costs are electricity, so the energy cost for mining will be $15m. Each block contains roughly 1,500 transactions, meaning each transaction will cost $10,374.
Throw that sort of money at a transaction, at a US-average cost of $0.11 per kilowatt hour, and the energy use per transaction would be 101,114 kWh.
HOW COLLEGE FRIENDS BUILT A $ 100 MILLION BLOCKCHAIN BUSINESS (Northwestern.edu), Rated: AAA
That was when Minhui Chen, who graduated from Columbia University in 2015 and was working as a consultant at Ernst & Young, sensed an opportunity.
Global Blockchain Innovative Capital, or GBIC, founded by Chen and two friends from Columbia, started consulting for these projects and helping them connect with overseas cryptocurrency exchanges, investors and legal consultants. They also helped them in building token communities and expanding overseas.
One Chinese blockchain team that contacted GBIC consisted of several PhDs in artificial intelligence but none of them could speak English. GBIC designed an ICO plan including services ranging from building connections with cryptocurrency exchanges and investors to finding interpreters at roadshows at Columbia and Stanford University. The blockchain company then executed an initial coin offering, and its token price increased around 30 times, according to Chen.
Increased Github Scrutiny Means Lazy ICO Developers Have No Place to Hide (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
The world’s largest host of source code, Github boasts over 20 million users and 57 million repositories.
News.bitcoin.com has previously reported on the efforts of Cryptomiso and Onchainfx, two sites which track Github activity and rank cryptocurrencies accordingly. Cryptomiso’s results can be filtered based on the frequency of commits over a 3, 6, 9, or 12-month period. Onchainfx goes further, allowing Github activity for crypto projects to be ranked based on stars, watchers, commits, lines added, and lines removed. Useful as these services are, they’re unable to rank the quality of the activity – only its frequency.
IOTA (MIOTA) Gets Backed Up by Peaq Innovative Exchange Platform (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
As the crypto market is slowly recovering from the latest harsh market dip, IOTA is not at all lading, having its price slowly rising up as this currency is being recovered. Besides from a pretty successful start of the week on the market, IOTA is implementing some changes and novelties in form of “an advanced” exchange platform names Peaq. Apparently, as of now, Peaq will be operating within IOTA’s blockchain platform that way promoting easy tokenization and simple and fast decentralized exchange market.
Thanks to IOTA’s Tangle technology, Peaq is able to process and confirm transactions without the interference of miners and with zero fees applicable during transactions. Peaq, just like IOTA, also has ultimate scalability and quantum proof protocol.
With Peaq, all companies and institutions that partnered up with IOTA can now enjoy all Peaq has to offer as well while enjoying the perks of IOTA and its currency at the same time. That means that with Peaq all companies would be able to create and immediately put to use their own token with a suitable symbol and all the features a certain company would need from a digital asset while having the ability to take advantage of IOTA’s Tangle.
OmiseGo – Why OMG is the Only Coin Vitalik Buterin has Backed (The Independent Republic), Rated: A
OmiseGo eWallet and the relaunch of the OmiseGo website, it is possible this coin, currently trading at $11, can spike up in value in the months to come. While the cryptocurrency market has been hovering around $300 billion market cap for about a week now, right now is a very crucial time for breakthrough coins like this.
OmiseGO is currently trading at $11.57 with a $1 billion dollar market cap.
BitPay Implements Bitcoin Cash for Invoices (CryptoSlate), Rated: A
BitPay, a global payment service provider for bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash (BCH), has implemented BCH support for its invoices. This means that BitPay’s customers can play with Bitcoin Cash with thousands of merchants worldwide.
Huge Plans for Ethereum Classic (ETC) as 2018 is Moving Forward (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
The team has seen some changes in form of additions of new team members to the already existing ETC team. One of the new members, Richard Schumann, will be working on graphics. His job would be to change and improve already existing graphics so the end users would be able to get the most out of what Ethereum Classic has to offer. With new graphics, there would be a new interface and that means that Ethereum Classic will be more oriented towards providing a user-friendly experience for all end users.
The second team member, Mario Michel, has another important task: and that is to manage all social aspects of Ethereum Classic by managing communities.
The team is also planning on launching the Emerald wallet, that should be portable for easy and simple storing and using of digital currency, while there is also a plan to establish more stable fluctuation of ETC currency. It is planned to make ETC operating and existing on the crypto market with more velocity and increased stability.
Ethereum Classic: Projects and Improvements
Ethereum Classic team is working on several projects at the moment, progressively working on improving user experience in all aspects of their platform. The team is also working on Geth.
Another project ETC team is working on, is called Emerald Platform and it should contain different tools and features that will most certainly make creating of Dapps simple and easy will all the tools needed available on the fly through this ecosystem.
Maybe the most important project ETC team is working on is implementing side chains in the original structure and architecture of Ethereum Classic, Side chains would enable fast and simple operating with UI components as this improvement would enable the creation of decentralized applications on Ethereum Classic platform.
5 More Thoughts On Crypto After Another Five Months Down The Rabbit Hole (AlleyWatch), Rated: A
At the end of this post I highlight five important things I’ve learned over the past five months. But I start the post by revisiting the 7 Thoughts to see how they hold up.
- Nobody Knows Anything
- Bitcoin Is A Confidence Game, Utility Tokens Are Awesome But Legally Challenging, Security Tokens Are Going To Be Huge
- Blockchain Technology Is Going To Be A Disruptive Force Across Industries
- DECENTRALIZATION Is Potentially The Most Disruptive Force
- It’s A Bubble….So What
- Governance Is The Biggest Risk To Bitcoin
- Don’t Hate The Haters. Love The HODL’ers
Finally, over the last five months, I’ve come to believe five new things that help put Crypto in to context:
- Community Is A Major Differentiating Factor In Crypto – Every Crypto project is also a community that works together to make the project a success. It’s developers on Github. It’s Telegram members. It’s Reddit and Twitter followers. It’s Meetup attendees. Community members have multiple reasons to want the project to be a success.
- Zero Knowledge Proof Is A Thing – Zero Knowledge Proof (ZKP) allow ones party to prove to another that a statement is true, without revealing any information.
- Crypto Will Have The Greatest Impact In Social Good – From solving for identity for the 1.5 billion people who lack identity papers, to solving for climate change, crypto is enabling amazing new ways to tackle the world’s biggest problems.
- Many Cities Will Be Crypto Powerhouses – In addition to the Valley, over the last five months I’ve visited booming Crypto ecosystems in Tel Aviv, Los Angeles, and Toronto. I’ve read how Crypto is booming in Berlin. China has given us NEO, VeChain and QTUM, the 9th, 17th, and 18th largest Crypto projects by market cap. Due to a culture built on neutrality and privacy, ZUG has emerged as Crypto Valley.
- Crypto Will Go Mainstream When It Goes Mainstream
Conn3x Launches Blockchain and AI-based Job Marketplace (Coinspeaker), Rated: B
Conn3x is a decentralized and AI-driven platform which achieved a new standard of job marketplace. The platform effectively uses all the advantages of blockchain and provides better user experience with the help of artificial intelligence.
DeVere to give away free Ripple coins in exchange for sign-ups (Finextra), Rated: B
The comments from Nigel Green, founder and CEO of deVere Group, come as deVere Crypto, a pioneering cryptocurrency exchange app available on the Apple Store and Google Play, this week is giving away 15 free Ripple coins to those who complete the app’s registration process. Terms and Conditions apply.
Binance CEO Zhao Changpeng: We are Convinced that Malta will be the Next Hotbed for Innovative Blockchain Companies (Crowdfund Insider), Rated: AAA
The EU country is tiny at just 122 square miles in geography. The population tops out at around 450,000. The weather is perfect in the summer and the winter months are rather warm making it a pleasant tourist destination. But while Malta may be small in size it has set its sights on big things as it wants to be known as the “Blockchain Island” that is crypto-innovation friendly.
Binance CEO & Founder, Zhao Changpeng, said that following a meeting with the Parliamentary Secretary Silvio Schembri they came away impressed with the forward thinking nature of Malta’s government;
“After reviewing a proposal bill, we are convinced that Malta will be the next hotbed for innovative blockchain companies, and a centre of the blockchain ecosystem in Europe,” said Changpeng. “Binance is committed to lending our expertise to help shape a healthy regulatory framework as well as providing funds for other blockchain start-ups to grow the industry further in Malta.”
GDPR: A Game Changer Is Coming for Cryptocurrency (CCN), Rated: A
The EU has finally come out with an approved framework for how corporations should handle user data. Although this are quite good news for people generally, I can also see it as a massive blow for so many altcoins.
Dutch Court Rules That Bitcoin Has “Properties of Wealth” (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
The civil rights case was filed by Mr. JW de Vries on February 14 against Koinz Trading BV, with the court ruling in favor of the petitioner – who was owed 0.591 BTC by the company. Significantly, the Court of Amsterdam found that bitcoin possesses “properties of wealth”, determining that the claim of a bitcoin transfer under Dutch property rights is juridically valid.
German Securities Exchange Deutsche Börse Group Partners With HQLAx For Blockchain Platform (CoinTelegraph), Rated: B
Deutsche Börse Group, a German marketplace for securities trading, will release a Blockchain-based platform for securities lending in collaboration with HQLAx using R3’s Corda Blockchain platform, the company announced in a press release today, March 26.
Looks Like Malta Has Attracted Three More Crypto Companies (Lovin Malta), Rated: B
Tron CEO Justin Sun, who plans to use his blockchain platform to develop a globally free content entertainment system, said he strongly supports Prime Minister Joseph Muscat’s pioneering plan to attract blockchain-based companied to the island.
Interest has also been expressed by Kris Marszalek, CEO of Monaco – which has launched a visa card and mobile app to allow people to trade fiat and cryptocurrencies at interbank exchange rates.
Lao Mao, the CEO of crypto exchange BigONE, said he supports Muscat’s plans and hopes to join Malta’s “blockchain paradise plan”.
Information commissioners leave Cambridge Analytica with a van full of evidence after searching for seven hours (Daily Mail), Rated: AAA
Information commissioners have left the central London office of Cambridge Analytica with a van full of evidence, a source said.
It took more than seven hours for investigators to comb through files, with paperwork and boxes of suspected evidence piled into the back of a transit van.
EMA plan energy efficiency trials in conjunction with Energi Mine (Medium), Rated: A
Energi Mine, today announced that it is collaborating with the Energy Managers Association (EMA) to deliver a Proof of Concept. The EMA members are the energy managers of some of the largest companies and energy consumers in the country.
Energi Mine provides financial incentives for businesses and consumers to save energy with a new rewards system based on blockchain technology. The energy-saving incentives will take the form of an EnergiToken (ETK), a digital asset.
Bitmain Has Developed an Ethereum ASIC Miner, Wall Street Analyst Claims (CCN), Rated: AAA
Writing a Monday note to clients, Susquehanna analyst Christopher Rolland said that the firm had recently confirmed that the China-based Bitmain — by far the largest producer of miners that use Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) chips — is just months away from shipping the first miners compatible with Ethash, the Proof-of-Work (PoW) hashing algorithm used by Ethereum and a variety of other cryptocurrencies.
A leading Wall Street research firm has slashed price targets for leading chipmakers Nvidia and AMD, claiming that it has received confirmation that cryptocurrency mining hardware manufacturer Bitmain has begun producing Ethereum ASIC miners.
Binance opens QLC/BTC and QLC/ETH markets (NEO News Today), Rated: A
On March 26th, 2018, Binance announced the listing of Qlink’s QLC token in QLC/BTC and QLC/ETH trading pairs. Qlink is the second NEP-5 token to be listed on Binance, following the Red Pulse RPX token.
Yahoo Japan to Launch its cryptocurrency exchange despite the fact Binance is having conflicts with FSA (FXStreet), Rated: AAA
According to Nikkei Asian Review:
“In a move that may touch off a realignment in the cryptocurrency exchange business, Yahoo Japan next month will acquire 40% of operator BitARG Exchange Tokyo, then launch a full-blown exchange in April 2019 or later.”
No, Yahoo Japan Isn’t Launching a Cryptocurrency Exchange — Yet (CryptoSlate), Rated: A
The acquisition of the platform would see YJFX — a subsidiary of Yahoo Japan — invest 2 billion yen, or $19 million USD, for a 40% stake in the Japanese cryptocurrency platform.
Importantly, BitARG already possesses a license from Japan’s Financial Services Agency to operate a cryptocurrency trading platform. FSA licensing is becoming increasingly critical in the Japanese cryptocurrency ecosystem in light of the recent Coincheck hack that resulted in the loss of over $533 million and a subsequent regulatory crackdown.
While the news of Yahoo Japan purchasing the BitARG, has been reported by many sources within the cryptocurrency news cycle, Bit-Argo Exchange Representative Director Yoon Hee Yuan refuted such claims in a statement posted to the platform website on Friday:
“Based on the recent developments in the virtual currency industry, we are studying various possibilities, including investments and partnerships with other companies, in order to further strengthen our system and management, but we have not made any decisions at present”
Fujitsu Develops New Technology that Identifies Ethereum Smart Contract Bugs (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
On 7th March 2018, Fujitsu revealed in its Press Release section that its research and development center has come up with algorithms that will detect bug infected transaction sequences on the Ethereum blockchain.
Why Korea Could Be the First Cryptocurrency-Powered Nation (Bitcoin Magazine), Rated: A
Some estimates put cryptocurrency ownership in the country as high as 33 percent of the adult population. At one point, prices peaked at nearly 40 percent higher than foreign exchanges. The phenomenon is known as the “Kimchi premium.”
Korea is the third biggest cryptocurrency market in the worldand you cannot become a Crypto-Nation if people don’t even know the technology exists.
Meet Safewords – Distributed Backup for Cryptocurrency Keys (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
This week the founder and CEO of the company Coin Storage Guru, Brenden Lee introduced his new project ‘Safewords.’ The product is a 2-out-of-3 distributed backup kit for private keys. Lots of cryptocurrency holders have written down 12-24 words for their mnemonic seed on a piece of paper, and then they usually hide the material out of view. Lee has designed a simplified system that enables a way they can safely distribute the mnemonic phrase between two other trusted individuals or two vaults. The system works with any cryptocurrency that uses a 12-24 word backup.
Introducing the W12 Platform: No More Scam ICO Projects (PR Newswire), Rated: B
The W12 platform developers have released a smart contract prototype that gives ICO investors control over the spending of their invested funds. This new technological solution reduces the risk of loss of funds in ICOs by up to 95 percent, while increasing the total return on investment by more than 10 times.
Launch Your ICO With B2Broker’s Ready-Made Infrastructure (Coin Idol), Rated: A
B2Broker’s ICO Platform offers many advantages including:
- Fully customizable interface including theme, fonts, colors, logo, domain and registration form
- View how many investors have supported your ICO and how much money has been raised in different cryptocurrencies at any given time and what crypto-currencies were donated
- API for data transmission to the website or other external sources
- ICO private area is translated into 10 languages
- A widget with exchange rates enables an investor to see how many tokens he can buy in real time
- Bonus system allows bonuses to be charged depending on volume or date of purchase
- Promotional codes
- Referral program
- Configured cryptoprocessing
- A secure, tested and customizable smart contract
- A three-level security system with tokens fully controlled by the issuer
- Assistance in configuring and the deploying of cold wallets for the issuer
- Possibility of receiving 10 cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR, DASH, BCC, B2B, ETC, NEM, NEO) and any ERC-20 tokens
- Integration with many PSPs for acquiring and processing of bank cards
- Possibility of receiving money into a bank account and making manual transfers to token holders
Belarusian Ministry Of Finance Releases Cryptocurrency Accounting Framework (CoinTelegraph), Rated: B
Venezuela’s oil-backed cryptocurrency will be convertible to Russian rubles (RT.com), Rated: AAA
“Starting March 23, all legal and physical entities will be able to purchase the petro directly… within the next 15 days for convertible currencies: yuan, rubles, Turkish liras and euro,” said Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.
He described these are the most important currencies for “the economic future of the planet.”
As One City in Quebec Bans Digital Currency Mining, Others Welcome It (Coinsquare), Rated: A
Brome-Missisquoi, in Montérégie, Quebec, recently banned the creation and expansion of digital currency mining operations for a 90-day period.
HydroQuebec began a campaign in January 2018 to encourage digital currency miners to move to the area, but laterhad to reconsider their policies due to an influx in interest and demand from home and abroad.
Block One Capital Inc. Initial Coin Offering (ICO) Investment Strategy & Addition Of Crypto Hedge Strategist (GlobeNewswire), Rated: B
Block One will be able to realize institutionally biased ticket size bonuses and gain access to private token sale offerings that typically will not come available for public sale to individuals.
Sudhu Arumugam Joins Block One Capital’s Advisory Board
Mr. Sudhu Arumugam is currently Head of Risk at Coinfloor UK Ltd, the UK’s oldest and largest crypto exchange. Tasked with building out a robust risk management infrastructure to support, on a 24/7 365 days basis, crypto trading across both multiple crypto currencies in both spot & derivatives contracts for Coinfloor’s UK entity as well as the global group of Companies.