- Today’s main news: Ripple sued over ICO. Singapore Exchange Limited invests in distributed ledger FX trading alternative. Binance introduces XRP/USDT trading pair. Huobi lists Wanchain. All residents of Elizavetovka now own cryptocurrency. BBOD intros Ether futures trading.
- Today’s main analysis: Playing the Bitcoin bust and crypto crash.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Is Coinbase becoming the Bitcoin mafia? Crypto arbitrage at Yale. GDAX, Binance comparison. Will the real Bitcoin stand up? Meet the crypto kings. Is Africa getting its own digital currency?
- Investors files class-action against Ripple Labs. AT: “I don’t understand this lawsuit. An investor is seeking to regulate through legislation a company he lost money in. First, it’s not the marketplace’s job to regulate the market, and certainly not investors’. Secondly, investing is risky. You don’t sue for losses because you made a bad investment. I hope this is thrown out.”
- The law firm representing the investor.
- How much he lost, and Ripple responds.
- Coinbase wants to be the Google of crypto, but are they Bitcoin mafia? AT: ‘Some hyperbole here, but the point that Coinbase is centralizing that which should be decentralized is a point well taken.”
- Yale’s cryptocurrency arbitrage. AT: “I knew it was just a matter of time before we started seeing stories on crypto arbitrage. If you can siphon two cents off the top of an easy trade and do that 50 times a day, why not? The hard part is spotting the opportunities.”
- Coinbase prepares for increase in trading.
- How will Coinbase treat the Bitcoin Cash hard fork?
- Virtu Financial will offer Bitcoin trades when the market is regulated.
- FireEye says Bitcoin has been a problem.
- Wall Street will likely follow Goldman Sachs on Bitcoin.
- Should the Fed create Fedcoin?
- Grayscale Investments approves share of Ethereum Classic Investment Trust.
- Top 10 surprising states for cryptocurrency.
- 3 reasons you shouldn’t follow Warren Buffet’s advice on crypto investing.
- Nano prices swell.
- TenX CEO tweets about Binance listing.
- Singapore Exchange Limited invests in distributed ledger FX trading alternative. AT: “It was bound to happen, sooner or later. The question was which exchange would be the first to get into foreign exchange trading with the blockchain.”
- Will the real Bitcoin please stand up?
- Meet the crypto kings. AT: “A look at 15 cryptocurrency entrepreneurs who have built a fortune. Interesting because it doesn’t just stick to the well-knowns. Some of these are pioneers, and some just have interesting stories.”
- GDAX, Binance comparison.
- Top 10 crypto exchanges with native coins, tokens, or shares. AT: “Well worth a read.”
- 6 alternatives to Bitcoin.
- 5 private cryptocurrencies.
- Why crypto miners are trading Bitcoin futures.
- Tim Draper, Alex Ohanian discuss Bitcoin, Ethereum.
- 9 facts about the blockchain.
- How blockchain will help small businesses challenge large rivals.
- Blockchain can lead to less greedy companies.
- Just how crazy the ICO market has become. AT: “A great animated visual.”
- Atari Token adds Ethereum co-founder as honorary co-founder.
- Huobi lists Wanchain Coin.
- Sentinel Protocol, Ginco partner on safer crypto wallets.
- Bank of Korea may issue a central bank digital currency.
- Can crypto help the world invest in North Korea?
- Indian crypto investors get bullish.
- Flintstone Technologies fights crypto ban in India.
- Iceland: How the crypto prisoner felt after escaping.
- France: Reward for lost cryptocurrency tripled.
- United Kingdom: How to play the Bitcoin bust and crypto crash: AT: A must-read report.”
- Bermuda: Binance’s jobs pledge.
- Africa: Agitation for a digital currency.
- Africa: Blockchain Board of Derivatives intros Ether futures trading.
- Ukraine: All these village residents now own cryptocurrency.
- Venezuela: The launch of a petro-funded youth bank.
- Canada: ICO Max launches Flyerdrop mobile app.
- United States
- Ripple hit with class-action suit over ‘never ending ICO’ (PaymentsSource), Rated: AAA
- Aggrieved Investor Filed Lawsuit Against Ripple While Coin Rises (Tech News Leader), Rated: B
- Ripple clan strikes back and threatens countersuit after yesterday’s lawsuit! (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- As Coinbase Looks to be the Google of Crypto, Are They Becoming the Bitcoin Mafia? (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
- Top crypto exchange Coinbase prepares for a monster increase in trading (CNBC), Rated: A
- How Will Coinbase Wallet Exchange Treat Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Hard Fork (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Trading Giant Virtu Financial Will Make Markets in ‘Physical Bitcoin’ Once It’s More Regulated (CCN), Rated: A
- Bitcoin’s ‘been a problem for us,’ says CEO of top cybersecurity firm FireEye (CNBC), Rated: A
- Wall Street to follow Goldman Sachs on bitcoin, blockchain venture capitalist says (CNBC), Rated: A
- Should the Fed Create ‘FedCoin’ to Rival Bitcoin? A Former Top Official Says ‘Maybe’ (The New York Times), Rated: A
- Grayscale Investments Announces Approval of Public Quotation for Eligible Shares of Ethereum Classic Investment Trust (PR Newswire), Rated: A
- Top Ten Surprising US States for Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- Wading Into Yale’s Cryptocurrent (Yale Daily News), Rated: AAA
- 3 reasons why you shouldn’t follow Warren Buffet’s advice on cryptocurrencies (CryptoRecorder), Rated: A
- Nano [NANO] prices swell after Binance announces a giveaway (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
- TenX CEO Tweets Suspicious Message to Acquire a Binance Listing (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: B
- Singapore Exchange Backs Distributed Ledger Alternative For FX Trading (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- GDAX vs Binance Exchange Comparison (Coin Central), Rated: AAA
- Top 10 Cryptocurrency Exchanges With Native Coins, Tokens or Shares to Review (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Will the Real Bitcoin Please Stand Up? (Fortune), Rated: AAA
- The Crypto Kings: Meet the Young and Unexpected Crypto Fortune Stories (Interesting Engineering), Rated: AAA
- The 6 Top Cryptocurrency Alternatives to Bitcoin (The Motley Fool), Rated: A
- The Five Most Private Cryptocurrencies (Investopedia), Rated: B
- Why Cryptocurrency Miners Are Trading Bitcoin Futures (CCN), Rated: A
- Tim Draper and Alex Ohanian Weigh in on Bitcoin and Ethereum (The Market Mogul), Rated: A
- 9 Facts You Didn’t Know About Blockchain (The Motley Fool), Rated: A
- How Blockchain Will Help Small Businesses Challenge Even the Largest Rivals (Entrepreneur), Rated: A
- Blockchain can lead to less greedy companies — seriously (The Next Web), Rated: A
- This visualization shows just how crazy and explosive the ICO market has become (MIT Technology Review), Rated: A
- Atari Token Adds Co-founder Of Ethereum As Honorary Co-Founder (ValueWalk), Rated: B
- European Union
- He Fled a Prison in Iceland. Now It’s Good to Be Back. (The New York Times), Rated: AAA
- Lost cryptocurrency reward more than trebled (The Local), Rated: A
- United Kingdom
- How To Play The Bitcoin Bust And Crypto Crash (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- $ 1 Looming As Binance Introduces Ripple XRP/USDT Trading Pair (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
- 12 Chinese Banks Say They Deployed Blockchain in 2017 (CoinDesk), Rated: B
- Wanchain (WAN) Coin gets listed on Huobi Exchange (Crypto Globalist), Rated: AAA
- Sentinel Protocol and Ginco join hands for safer crypto wallets (Enterprise Innovation), Rated: A
- Bank of Korea Hints at Issuing a Central Bank Digital Currency (CCN), Rated: A
- Can Cryptocurrency Help the World Invest in North Korea? (Eurasia Future), Rated: A
- Indian crypto investors bullish despite curbs (The Times of India), Rated: A
- Another Indian Company Challenges Ban on Crypto Banking (Bitcoin.com), Rated: B
- Burt’s Binance jobs pledge (The Royal Gazette), Rated: A
- The Buildup of Cryptocurrency and Agitation for African Digital Currency (Tech in Africa), Rated: AAA
- BBOD Blockchain Board Of Derivatives Introduces Ether Futures Trading (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: AAA
- Everyone in This Village Now Owns Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- Latin America
- Venezuelan President Launches Cryptocurrency-Funded Youth Bank (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
- ICO MAX LAUNCHES THE FLYERDROP MOBILE APP (Irish Tech News), Rated: AAA
Ripple hit with class-action suit over ‘never ending ICO’ (PaymentsSource), Rated: AAA
Ripple Labs Inc., the fintech startup that controls the world’s third-largest cryptocurrency, was hit by a lawsuit alleging that it led a scheme to raise hundreds of millions of dollars through unregistered sales of its XRP tokens.
The plaintiff, investor Ryan Coffey, is seeking unspecified damages and a declaration that Ripple Labs and Chief Executive Officer Bradley Garlinghouse sold unregistered securities. Coffey is seeking to proceed on behalf of all purchasers of Ripple tokens.
Aggrieved Investor Filed Lawsuit Against Ripple While Coin Rises (Tech News Leader), Rated: B
Taylor-Copeland Law has filed a class action suit charges against Ripple Labs, XRP II, and CEO Brad Garlinghouse on behalf of distressed investors who claimed it sustained losses due to ‘problems’ that emanated from Ripple’s sale of XRP tokens.
At the same time, Binance, an exchange with more than 300 trading pairs, has indicated it added XRP/USDT trading pair, making the trade value of the coin skyrocket.
Ripple clan strikes back and threatens countersuit after yesterday’s lawsuit! (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
The plaintiff, Mr. Coffey purchased about 650 XRP on January 5, 2018 at a price of $2.60 each, paying about $1690. He then sold 649.98 XRP, with reductions due to transaction fees, for 1104 USDT, which was worth approximately $1138 at the time. This comes out to a loss of $551, or roughly 32% of his original investment. The filing fee of the lawsuit was reportedly close to $1450, which is close to three times the loss he faced.
“We’ve seen the lawyer’s tweet about a recently filed lawsuit but have not been served. Like any civil proceeding, we’ll assess the merit or lack of merit to the allegations at the appropriate time. Whether or not XRP is a security is for the SEC to decide. We continue to believe XRP should not be classified as a security.”
As Coinbase Looks to be the Google of Crypto, Are They Becoming the Bitcoin Mafia? (NewsBTC), Rated: AAA
Coinbase has made new hires and acquisitions recently with a view to dominating all aspects of the virtual currency space but detractors say they are centralizing what is supposed to be decentralized.
The leading U.S. marketplace for cryptocurrencies has been quietly preparing for a monster increase in trading volume.
In a response to New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s ongoing inquiry into exchanges, the private company disclosed some key company data. Coinbase said it has doubled the size of its full-time engineering staff and has overhauled much of the the platform’s code.
How Will Coinbase Wallet Exchange Treat Bitcoin Cash (BCH) Hard Fork (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
Bitcoin Cash, the fourth most important virtual currency by market capitalization, will experience a hard fork on May the 15th. The update will be known as Bitcoin ABC, and will quadruple the block size. In this way, Bitcoin ABC will have 32 megabytes blocks. Moreover, the currency will feature other improvements.
Will Coinbase Support Bitcoin ABC?
On April the 5th, Coinbase wrote in a blog post that they will be adding support for Bitcoin hard forks in the next months. But they did not made clear if they will also be accepting Bitcoin Cash hard forks.
Trading Giant Virtu Financial Will Make Markets in ‘Physical Bitcoin’ Once It’s More Regulated (CCN), Rated: A
High-frequency trading firm Virtu Financial plans to become a major market maker in the cryptocurrency spot markets once the asset class becomes more regulated, the firm said on Friday.
Responding to a question from a JPMorgan analyst inquiring whether the firm had launched “cyber currency trading,” Cifu clarified that the firm is a market maker in the nascent bitcoin futures markets but does not currently trade actual bitcoins, which are commonly referred to in the industry as “cash bitcoins” or by the even more ironic term “physical bitcoins.”
Goldman Sachs is moving ahead with plans to open the first bitcoin trading firm of any Wall Street bank and other banks will likely follow, said Spencer Bogart, a partner at Blockchain Capital.
“That’s what a lot of banks do, follow what Goldman does,” the blockchain venture capitalist told CNBC on Thursday.
Should the Fed Create ‘FedCoin’ to Rival Bitcoin? A Former Top Official Says ‘Maybe’ (The New York Times), Rated: A
“Most central banks have a view that these crypto-assets are clever, like guys in the garage did it and it’s kind of cool, or risky,” given the potential investor losses and widespread fraud, said Kevin Warsh, who was a governor at the Fed from 2006 to 2011 and was a top contender to become its chairman late last year when President Trump instead appointed Jerome Powell.
If he had returned to the Fed, Mr. Warsh said, he would have appointed a team “to think about the Fed creating FedCoin, where we would bring legal activities into a digital coin.”
Grayscale Investments Announces Approval of Public Quotation for Eligible Shares of Ethereum Classic Investment Trust (PR Newswire), Rated: A
Grayscale Investments, LLC today announced that common units of fractional undivided beneficial interest (“Shares”) in Ethereum Classic Investment Trust (the “Trust”) were approved by FINRA for a public quotation (OTCQX: ETCG) on OTC Market’s OTCQX® Best Market.
Top Ten Surprising US States for Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
Reward Expert used Google Trends traffic data for keywords such as Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin, and cryptocurrency in an effort to gauge US states interest levels for cryptocurrency during a three month period this year. The company then determined a weighted average and ranked US states by interest and usage.
The Wolverine state didn’t rate at all in terms of general interest, but it did in usage (8th).
The beehive state didn’t move the needle in terms of actual usage, but its interest in crypto managed to keep it alive in for a spot on the cumulative.
01. New York
The empire state ranked second in crypto interest, seventh in usage, but its cumulative score makes it the number one crypto environment in the US, even with its silly Bitcoin License in New York City.
Wading Into Yale’s Cryptocurrent (Yale Daily News), Rated: AAA
For the past four months, Byrd has begun almost every day this way, trading small amounts of one digital currency for small amounts of another. It may sound frivolous, but Byrd’s strategy is surprisingly straightforward. “If Shitcoin is 11 cents in Ethereum and 13 cents in Bitcoin,” Byrd explained, “I can, in the span of 2 minutes, buy Shitcoin at 11 cents, sell it at 13, and then trade back to what I started with. And then I do it again and again.”
In December, Byrd owned $500 in Bitcoin. Now, his crypto assets are worth $30,000.
3 reasons why you shouldn’t follow Warren Buffet’s advice on cryptocurrencies (CryptoRecorder), Rated: A
Here are 3 reasons why his advice on cryptos might be counterproductive to your long-term growth.
- The global economy is changing – Amazon has killed globally renowned retail giants, to become a near monopoly in retail. Blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies are on the verge of disrupting the banking sector. We recently saw a $99 million transaction get sent in Litecoin, at a cost of $0.40 and in about 2 and half minutes. No bank in existence today can match that.
- He too has missed out on many opportunities – Such a person would have missed out on some major gains at a time when bitcoin rose from $1000 to $20,000. No stock would have given you such a return.
- Buffet has the advantage of scale
Nano [NANO] prices swell after Binance announces a giveaway (AMBCrypto), Rated: A
Yesterday at 13:25 UTC, NANO was trading at the price of $8.4. The prices for NANO shot up within an hour and trended a bullish curve in the market. On the 4th of May at 09:09 UTC, the market for NANO reached $10.3 which was recorded as the month’s highest trading price. At press time price have dropped to $9.23 and has a market capitalization of $1.2 billion.
TenX CEO Tweets Suspicious Message to Acquire a Binance Listing (Live Bitcoin News), Rated: B
Binance is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. The TenX team allegedly tried to bribe people to get them listed on this exchange.
Company CEO Julian Hosp publicly tweeted how he would bribe people to get the coin listed on this exchange. Not only is it a shady tactic, it also reduces the chances of that ever happening. The exchange is transparent regarding its listing tips, yet the PAY token seemingly doesn’t qualify at this time.
Singapore Exchange Backs Distributed Ledger Alternative For FX Trading (Forbes), Rated: AAA
The Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) has increased its wager that distributed ledger technology will be the key to leadership in global financial markets in the future.
The exchange, which is the largest and fastest growing fx trading center in Asia, has invested an undisclosed amount in London-based foreign exchange startup Cobalt, a firm that is using distributed ledger technology similar to the bitcoin blockchain as a way to streamline post-trade settlements. Globally, foreign exchange represents the largest financial market in the world with an estimated $3 trillion a day in transactions.
GDAX vs Binance Exchange Comparison (Coin Central), Rated: AAA
GDAX vs Binance: Two of the biggest exchange platforms in the cryptocurrency space. GDAX is commonly an investor’s first step beyond Coinbase while Binance is where traders usually first dip their toes into the alternative coin (altcoin) pool.
The GDAX interface is slightly more geared towards beginners than Binance, yet still offers robust data tools.
GDAX uses a trading fee schedule to determine your fees on each trade. If you put an order on the books as a maker, you don’t pay a fee. If you fill an order from the books, though, you’ll pay anywhere from a 0.10% to 0.30% trading fee. The higher your 30-day trading volume, the lower the fee you pay.
The Binance fee is 0.10% for all trades. However, if you pay the fee with Binance Coin (BNB), it’s cut in half.
Top 10 Cryptocurrency Exchanges With Native Coins, Tokens or Shares to Review (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange: Binance created its ETH platform (ERC20) based Binance Token (BNB) in 2017 which has a fixed supply of 200 Million.
- Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Exchange: For example, at the time of writing this Article, one piece of CEFS token had a value of US$ 1,723 with the total number of tokens having a fixed cap of 6300
- KuCoin Cryptocurrency Exchange: KCS has a market capitalization of around US$ 435 Million and a value of US$ 4.78 per token.
- CryptoBridge Decentralized Exchange: CryptoBridge owns the native currency referred to as BridgeCoin (BCO).
- COSS Exchange: COSS Exchange owns the native currency COSS Coin which is an ERC20 token.
- COBINHOOD Cryptocurrency Exchange: COBINHOOD Exchange owns the Cobinhood (COB) Tokens. Holders of the COB Token have the Advantages of enjoying bounties.
- Coinmetro Crypto Exchange: CoinMetro owns the CoinMetro (XCM) Token, a unique digital asset which is not being structured or sold as securities.
- Bibox Crypto Exchange: Bibox owns a native token called BIX.
- IRCEX Exchange: The IRCEX Exchange owns the GCN coin.
- IDEX cryptocurrency Exchange: IDEX Exchange owns the AURA Token. The AURA token allows users to earn a share of fees that are generated by IDEX and from future Aurora products.
Will the Real Bitcoin Please Stand Up? (Fortune), Rated: AAA
The great Bitcoin fork of 2017—when the original blockchain split last August to create Bitcoin Cash—appears to have ended pleasantly, at least for investors. The sum of the parts turned out to be greater than the whole: Within a week of the split, the two assets together were worth more than $15 billion in additional market value that didn’t exist prior to the fork.
Far away from Wall Street, however, the schism—which came about when two factions couldn’t agree on whether to speed up transaction times by expanding the size of units on the blockchain (Bitcoin Cash favoring larger blocks)—is still seething. There are signs the rift is growing more acrimonious, threatening to polarize the Bitcoin community around the world.
The Crypto Kings: Meet the Young and Unexpected Crypto Fortune Stories (Interesting Engineering), Rated: AAA
1. Kingsley Advani – One of the Early Adopters of Bitcoin
Advani was introduced to bitcoin by one of his friends in 2012. Back then, bitcoin was a means of payment in the criminal world, not an investment option. But Advani realized its true potential and started staking up money for investment.
His $34,000 investment was a big gamble, in his own words, but it paid off.
2. Peter Saddington – Runs A Cryptocurrency Social Network
Peter is the CTO of Atlanta-based start-up VinWiki and runs a cryptocurrency social network called TheBitcoin.pub.
Peter became famous in crypto circles when he cashed 45 bitcoins and bought a Lamborghini Huracan for himself.
3. Erik Finman – One of the Youngest Crypto Kings Yet
Like most of the kids of his age, German teenager Erik was fed up with schooling. He didn’t want to continue, and so he made a bet with his parents.
If he managed to become a millionaire before 18, he wouldn’t have had to attend college; his parents agreed. Erik invested 1000 Euros, a gift from his grandmother, in bitcoin.
4. Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss – The First Bitcoin Billionaires
They have a crypto net worth of around $1 billion and they have established themselves as the leading figure in the crypto world with their cryptocurrency exchange, Gemini.
12. Chris Larsen – The Richest Crypto King
According to Forbes, Chris Larsen, co-founder of Ripple, is the richest person in Cryptocurrencies.
13. Brian Armstrong – The Founder of Coinbase
Just in August, at a valuation of $1.6 billion from six firms, Coinbase raised $100 million. In 2017, the business generated $1 billion in revenue. He’s said to worth is about $1 billion.
15. Changpeng Zhao – Owner of the Largest Crypto Exchange
Changpeng Zhao, CZ, is the CEO of the multi-language, international cryptocurrency platform known as Binance. Binance didn’t exist 12 months ago.
The 6 Top Cryptocurrency Alternatives to Bitcoin (The Motley Fool), Rated: A
For years, prior to March 2017, bitcoin comprised between 75% and 95% of the aggregate virtual currency market cap. Even today, with more than 1,600 different digital currencies for investors to choose from, bitcoin still accounts for around 37% of the aggregate $430 billion cryptocurrency market cap.
- VeChain Thor
- Binance Coin
The Five Most Private Cryptocurrencies (Investopedia), Rated: B
- Monero (XMR) – As of May 2018, Monero has the 12th largest market cap with an exchange rate of around $245.
- Dash (DASH) – Dash ranks 13th on the list of cryptocurrencies by marketcap, and has an exchange rate of $482 against the US dollar.
- Verge (XVG) – Verge ranks 24th by marketcap, and has an exchange rate of 8.13 cents.
- ZCash (ZEC) – ZCash ranks at number 27 in the list of cryptocurrencies by market cap and has an exchange rate of $297.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) – Bitcoin Private currently stands at 38th rank in the list of cryptocurrencies by market cap, and has an exchange rate of $38.90.
Why Cryptocurrency Miners Are Trading Bitcoin Futures (CCN), Rated: A
Bitcoin futures, which failed to generate the investor interest some had hoped for when CME Group Inc.and CBOE Global Markets Inc. first offered them in December, are finding support from an unlikely quarter – cryptocurrency miners, according to MarketWatch. Miners are using futures to hedge their bests amidst the rising cost of mining bitcoin.
Tim Draper and Alex Ohanian Weigh in on Bitcoin and Ethereum (The Market Mogul), Rated: A
The cryptosphere went crazy this week after Reddit co-founder Alex Ohanian said that Ethereum would reach $15,000 by year’s end. He amended his comment, however, and stated that he had meant to say $1,500. Meanwhile, he predicted that bitcoin would end the year roughly where it started – at $20,000.
9 Facts You Didn’t Know About Blockchain (The Motley Fool), Rated: A
1. It can be used to assess scientific research claims.
A recent Scientific American blog post says that about 2.5 million scientific studies are published every year, but researchers have a difficult time authenticating the results.
2. Blockchain technology has managed and distributed more than $270 billion in transactions.
Research from Gartner says that 300 million blockchain transactions were processed through the end of 2017.
3. Blockchain’s market size will be $60 billion by 2024.
Blockchain’s market size was just $708 million in 2017.
4. Some tech companies are making money from the trend, but they remain cautious.
NVIDIA Corporation (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Advanced Micro Devices(NASDAQ:AMD) sell their graphics processing units (GPUs) to companies and individuals who use them to mine cryptocurrencies, like bitcoin. But the processors can also be used for blockchain ledgers.
5. It’s being used to add transparency to media-buying.
6. The tech can be used to manage power usage by electric companies.
7. Blockchain adoption could revolutionize the global shipping industry.
8. The U.S. government could use it to manage wireless spectrum.
9. It’s being used to create digital IDs for people.
More than 1 billion people in the world have no way to prove their identity, but a Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) blockchain project wants to change that.
How Blockchain Will Help Small Businesses Challenge Even the Largest Rivals (Entrepreneur), Rated: A
Businesses that embrace modern digital technologies see significantly higher growth margins than those that are slow to adopt them. But while large companies like Microsoft and IBM are already applying blockchain to their infrastructures, small businesses are lagging when it comes to implementing the technology.
However, blockchain stands to revolutionize this process by making data trustworthy all on its own. The distributed ledger offers full transparency, so buyers and sellers can see the source of any information, and whether it has been tampered with. Ultimately, this means internet giants will no longer be the only trusted source for data and small businesses can now begin to reap the benefits.
Blockchain can lead to less greedy companies — seriously (The Next Web), Rated: A
Based on estimates, Youtube generated $12 billion in revenue in 2016. Only the really large Youtube stars get a tiny fraction of this amount. Recently Youtube raised the limit for the amount of views you need before you get to share in the advertising revenue. One can’t help but to wonder if this is an honest model.
Besides an unbalanced reward system, I also see a seismic shift happening in the sentiment people have towards the big tech platforms. They are experiencing a push-back from governments. Multiple former Facebook executives have publicly stated that they created a tool that is “ripping apart the social fabric of how society works.”
New platforms and new models
First steps have been taken by several new video platforms like Flixxo and View.ly to try out new models. I’m not here to endorse them or to tell you that they’re the absolute right way to go — but what they have done is they’ve shown a possible way from the greed of current tech giants. They reward users tokens for watching, sharing, or uploading content. You are being payed to use and participate in the platform.
This visualization shows just how crazy and explosive the ICO market has become (MIT Technology Review), Rated: A
Atari Token Adds Co-founder Of Ethereum As Honorary Co-Founder (ValueWalk), Rated: B
Atari Token has enlisted Anthony Di Iorio, co-founder of Ethereum, as an honorary co-founder to join their team.
He Fled a Prison in Iceland. Now It’s Good to Be Back. (The New York Times), Rated: AAA
Mr. Stefansson would not discuss what the media has named the Big Bitcoin Heist. Instead, he focused on his regret for having fled, a decision that, he said, he rued as soon as he landed in Sweden and realized that his mug shot was all over the media.
“I did not eat and had a constant knot in the pit of my stomach,” he said. “I was disappointed in myself for making my family suffer, and nervous about being recognized.”
Lost cryptocurrency reward more than trebled (The Local), Rated: A
A man who lost a bag containing two cryptocurrency hardware wallets holding a portfolio worth around 800,000 francs has more than trebled the reward for its return.
Almost one month after the stash went missing Thomas T. has raised the reward on offer from 40,000 francs to 135,000 francs, the 20 minutes website reported.
How To Play The Bitcoin Bust And Crypto Crash (Forbes), Rated: AAA
No one knows which digital currency will soar to heaven or leave investors in hell. Only one thing is guaranteed: Cryptocurrency prices are and will continue to be volatile.
Unlike stocks, there are no earnings, dividends or book values anchoring cryptos. So their value is purely based on what the market says they are worth at any given moment. That’s not a good thing for stability purposes.
My advice? Either stay out of the crypto space and wait for a broad-based, low-cost exchange-traded fund (many are planned) or keep your crypto investments to no more than 10% of your total portfolio.
Read “Token Frenzy” in full here.
$ 1 Looming As Binance Introduces Ripple XRP/USDT Trading Pair (Ethereum World News), Rated: AAA
Binance, with over 300 trading pairs, has announced it has added XRP/USDT trading pair. The development has given Ripple (XRP) a slight move towards the North.
In the last 24 hours, the price of Ripple has increased by 5.75%, with its trading value pegged at $0.904. It appears Ripple is receiving more attention since it was added to Binance because the cryptocurrency has managed to remain slightly at a fixed value in the last 7 days.
12 Chinese Banks Say They Deployed Blockchain in 2017 (CoinDesk), Rated: B
Nearly half of the 26 publicly listed banks in China say they deployed blockchain applications in 2017, according to a report.
Wanchain (WAN) Coin gets listed on Huobi Exchange (Crypto Globalist), Rated: AAA
Huobi is the coin exchange that listed the WAN cryptocurrency and trading is set to begin as soon as today;
The past few days have seen Wanchain (WAN), a top 30 crypto in market cap receive almost similar attention pushing its price closer to the $10 mark. The question remains how long will this bull-run last? From the look of things Wanchain seems quite prospectus right now with a market cap of $ 970 million while its price gained 12% within the week.
Sentinel Protocol and Ginco join hands for safer crypto wallets (Enterprise Innovation), Rated: A
Sentinel Protocol, a Singapore based blockchain security company and Tokyo based cryptocurrency wallet company Ginco have partnered to build a safer transfer, payment, and investment system for Japanese crypto users.
Bank of Korea Hints at Issuing a Central Bank Digital Currency (CCN), Rated: A
The Bank of Korea is set to announce details of an ongoing study into cryptocurrencies next month that includes a plan exploring the possibility of issuing a central bank digital currency (CBDC).
Can Cryptocurrency Help the World Invest in North Korea? (Eurasia Future), Rated: A
The potential for both small and large investors to pump digital coins into the North Korean economy via a cooperation scheme with Seoul could help to integrate the economies of the two Korean states in a manner that is cost effective and pioneering and moreover, one with potentially huge returns for both Koreans and international investors.
Indian crypto investors bullish despite curbs (The Times of India), Rated: A
Exchange operators, investors and analysts say people are rushing to take advantage of a three-month window the RBI has given lenders to sever ties with cryptocurrency traders and exchanges. Getting in now enables investors to convert rupees into cryptocurrencies, which they can later swap for other coins via private trading platforms even after the central bank’s rules take hold.
Another Indian Company Challenges Ban on Crypto Banking (Bitcoin.com), Rated: B
Flintstone Technologies Private Limited has sought the withdrawal of RBI’s April 6 circular, filing a plea with the Delhi High Court. India’s central bank wants to prohibit commercial banks and other financial institutions from providing crypto-related services.
Burt’s Binance jobs pledge (The Royal Gazette), Rated: A
Workers who lost their jobs in the banking sector will benefit from the Bermuda Government’s agreement with the Binance Group, David Burt said today.
Mr Burt told the House of Assembly middle-aged women who once worked in banking have been deemed overqualified.
The Buildup of Cryptocurrency and Agitation for African Digital Currency (Tech in Africa), Rated: AAA
Neuner, a staunch follower and expert of Bitcoin tweeted on important information about the impact of technology changes that are currently taking place. He highlighted a Bitcoin exchanger that is two years old after its launch and does not have a physical branch. The technology has so far hired 300 employees generating $200 million benefits in Q1 of 2018. This is much far compared to a known bank in German. The bank is currently 50 years of age with an employment base of 99,000 employees. It generated $146 million within the same period. This proves the huge disruption that is facing the banking or financial system.
BBOD Blockchain Board Of Derivatives Introduces Ether Futures Trading (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: AAA
BBOD is in development by GMEX Technologies, which announced the launch of the platform in March. The goal is to create the world’s fastest and largest Ethereum-based futures trading platform.
Everyone in This Village Now Owns Cryptocurrency (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
In the Ukrainian village of Elizavetovka of the Petrykivsky district in the Dnipropetrovsk region, all residents reportedly now own some crypto, according to local media.
At a recent village council meeting, local deputies decided to allow the chairman of the council, Maxim Golosnoy, “to carry out operations with cryptocurrency in the interests of the territorial community without attracting budgetary funds,” Comments.ua reported. Golosnoy has “figured out how to replenish the local budget with the help of cryptocurrency,” Akcent Media elaborated.
Venezuelan President Launches Cryptocurrency-Funded Youth Bank (CoinDesk), Rated: AAA
Venezuela is launching a youth bank to be funded by the state’s controversial petro cryptocurrency.
ICO MAX LAUNCHES THE FLYERDROP MOBILE APP (Irish Tech News), Rated: AAA
- Flyerdrop is an unique service developed by us to distribute tokens through the printed flyers, which are distributed by our partners at the major thematic conferences. Any startup can produce a certain number of flyers that will be printed and distributed to the potential investors. The token can get immediately with the help of mobile applications and start to trade by it.
- Airdrop is the classic service for the spread of token online, through the social networks, chats, email, etc. The distribution is done by the participants of bounty, which are in fact the sales advisers. For their work, they receive a commission in tokens of the startup they are promoting. The amount of reward depends on their activity and the volume of personally attracted funds. This significantly reduces the costs of startups for their own promotion and at the same time increases the recognition of project.