- Today’s main news: Robinhood raises $363M. Ripple reveals results of first XRP pilot tests. YouTubers look for coin-based alternatives. bitFlyer poaches Wall Street talent. More people search for ‘how to buy’ Bitcoin, Ripple than homes, cars and gold. Tron HODLers number 1.08M. Binance used as loan collateral on Nexo. CryptoFacilities launches first regulated Ethereum futures.
- Today’s main analysis: How to launch an ICO token on Ethereum in less than half an hour.
- Today’s thought-provoking articles: Can Bitcoin Cash overtake Ripple for No. 3 spot? Tim Draper’s proposal to split California into three states. AmeriCoin: How to token the U.S. dollar. Helium wants IoT to reach full potential. Binance vs. Bitfinex.
- Robinhood raises $363 million. AT: “Robinhood has already made its mark as an investment app. Now, it wants to compete with Coinbase. Given its track record and financial backing, I think it can give Coinbase a good run for its money.”
- Ripple reveals results of first XRP pilot tests.
- XRP proposes new logo to distinguish from other Ripple products.
- Bitcoin Cash tries to overtake Ripple for No. 3 position. AT: “It looks like the race for altcoins is heating up. Litecoin lost ground then rallied. Ripple is experiencing a few struggles, but also some victories. There is a lot going on with market caps and new ground for all the top cryptocurrencies.”
- Why Coinbase is experiencing 1,000% transactional growth.
- YouTubers flock to coin-based alternatives. AT: “The YouTuber mentioned in this article, Philip DeFranco, is one of the top YouTubers and has a lot of influence among his tribe. I think YouTube could be looking at some real competition with up-and-coming crypto-based video platforms.”
- bitFlyer is poaching Wall Street for international expansion. AT: “Snagging top Wall Street talent can make the exchange much more competitive, and if international expansion is the goal, Wall Street is the place to look.”
- Tim Draper’s plan to split California into three states. AT: “He’s not the first to make the proposal, but it’s a long uphill battle to convince anyone of such a move. There are a ton of things that would be more productive to work on. Maybe he’s got too much crypto on his hands.”
- AmeriCoin: How to tokenize the U.S. dollar. AT: “It’s an interesting idea. Theoretically, crypto could be used to give every U.S. citizen a basic salary, then entitlement programs could be squashed and millions saved. But that’s just MHO.”
- Helium banks on IoT reaching full potential. AT: “This is an interesting project.”
- Bitcoin builds prototype for Dandelion.
- How to build a core crypto portfolio.
- SEC cyber unit chief says steeper penalties for ICO infractions could be on the way.
- Why ETH won’t be classified as a security any time soon.
- Win $300 of ETH every day until Sunday.
- Blockfolio wants to be the Bloomberg for Bitcoin.
- What is SAFT?
- Tipping Point event raises $14 million in crypto.
- Bank of America exec says crypto is troubling as a payment mechanism.
- 9 facts about crypto mining.
- Best graphic cards for crypto mining.
- Treis Mining opens $10 million crypto mining data center in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Portland radio station servers hacked to mine crypto.
- GoodFirms Research lists top smart contracts development companies.
- Bullish on Quantstamp.
- Superset allows anyone to create English smart contracts with a web browser or mobile phone.
- Blockchain bill could push Illinois to front of smart contract use.
- Kodak to launch third round of ICO.
- KABN announces blockchain-enabled biometric ID validation for token offerings.
- Coincall publishes list of shitcoins.
- Broadridge Financial Solutions gets patent for blockchain-based proxy voting.
- ‘How to Buy’ Bitcoin, Ripple gets more searches than how to buy homes, gold, and cars.
- Tron HODLers number 1.08 million.
- How to launch an ICO token on Ethereum in less than 30 minutes. AT: “A good demonstration on why you should perform stringent due diligence before you invest.”
- Feng Li’s stake in Tron and Coinbase.
- Will Bitcoin soar to $64K in 2019?
- Ethereum vending machines with NodeMCU.
- Is Bittrex a better indicator of coin credibility than Binance?
- The smallest devices used to mine cryptocurrencies.
- Pineapple Fund writes farewell post, donates crypto.
- Playkey Tokens debut as payment method.
- Binance integrates with Nexo for crypto loan collateral.
- Trezor supports fictional PiedPiperCoin.
- TokenPay acquires German bank, but are Verge and Litecoin next?
- Electrum copycat steals seed keys.
- CryptoFacilities launches first regulated Ethereum futures.
- Energi Mine launches phase 1 of EnergiToken Rewards platform.
- United States
- Robinhood Aims to Rival Coinbase in Crypto With $ 363 Million Funding Round (Fortune), Rated: AAA
- Ripple Reveals Results Of First Pilot Tests Using XRP Cryptocurrency (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- XRP Symbol Proposes New Logo to Distinguish Coin from Other Ripple Products (cryptovest), Rated: B
- Bitcoin Cash [BCH] looks to take #3 position from Ripple [XRP] (AMBCrypto), Rated: AAA
- Reasons Behind Coinbase 1000% Transactional Growth (Hade Platform), Rated: A
- YouTubers flock to alternative, coin-based platforms to fight growing demonetization (Polygon), Rated: AAA
- bitFlyer Scooping Wall Street Talent for International Expansion (Bitsonline), Rated: AAA
- This Cryptocurrency Billionaire Is Trying to Split California Into Three States (Bloomberg), Rated: AAA
- Bitcoin Developers Build Prototype for ‘Dandelion’ Privacy Tool (CoinDesk), Rated: A
- Beyond ICO investing: Steps to building a core crypto portfolio (Brave New Coin), Rated: A
- SEC Cyber Unit Chief Warns Steeper Penalties May Be Coming for ICO Issuers That Flout Rules (TheRecorder), Rated: A
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Won’t Be Classified As A Security Any Time Soon (Stocks Gazette), Rated: A
- Win $ 300 of Ethereum – Every Day until Sunday May 13th (The Merkle), Rated: B
- An aspiring Bloomberg for bitcoin is connecting investors directly with the teams working on the hottest cryptos (Business Insider), Rated: A
- AmeriCoin: This Idea To Tokenize the US Dollar Is Compelling And Thorny (Futurism), Rated: AAA
- What is a SAFT? A crypto fundraising method drawing regulatory scrutiny (MarketWatch), Rated: A
- Tipping Point Gala Accepts Crypto Donations, Raises $ 14 Million (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrencies are ‘troubling’ as a payment mechanism: BofA’s Catherine Bessant (CNBC), Rated: A
- This company hopes its cryptocurrency can help the internet of things reach its true potential (MIT Technology Review), Rated: AAA
- 9 Facts on Mining Cryptocurrencies (Business Journalism), Rated: A
- Best Graphic Cards For Bitcoin And Other Cryptocurrencies Mining (ValueWalk), Rated: A
- Greenville startup to open $ 10M data center for cryptocurrency mining (Upstate Business Journal), Rated: A
- Portland Community Radio Station KBOO Had Its Computer Servers Hacked by Cryptocurrency Miners (Willamette Week), Rated: B
- GoodFirms Research liberates the list of Top Smart Contract Development Companies (EIN News), Rated: A
- Bullish On Quantstamp Because Bad Guys Don’t Quit (Crypto Briefing), Rated: A
- The new Superset system allows anyone to create smart contracts in English using a web browser or mobile phone (Digital Journal), Rated: A
- Proposed blockchain bill could push Illinois to forefront of smart contract use, attorney says (Cook County Record), Rated: B
- Kodak to Launch Third Round of Funding for Digital Token (Bloomberg), Rated: A
- Crypto KABN Announces Patent Pending Blockchain-Enabled Biometric ID Validation for Token Offerings (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
- Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracker Coincall Publishes a List of Shitcoins (BTCManager), Rated: B
- Proxy Voting Is the Latest Target For Blockchain Disruption (Bloomberg), Rated: B
- More People Search ‘How to Buy’ Bitcoin, Ripple Than Homes, Cars and Gold (Daily HODL), Rated: AAA
- Tron (TRX) HODLers Number 1.08 Million as Binance Supports Token Migration (Global Coin Report), Rated: AAA
- Launching an ICO Token on Ethereum in Less Than Thirty Minutes (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- Feng Li’s stake in Tron (TRX) and Coinbase could take Tron to the skies (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
- Bitcoin could soar as high as $ 64,000 next year, investment research firm Fundstrat predicts (CNBC), Rated: A
- SIMPLE ETHEREUM VENDING MACHINES WITH NODEMCU (Hackaday), Rated: A
- Bittrex Listing “Likely Better Indicator of Coin Credibility than Binance” (ICO Examiner), Rated: A
- Even the Smallest of Computing Device Targeted to Mine Crypto-Currency (SpamFighter), Rated: A
- Pineapple Fund Writes Farewell Post, Reports That All Funds Have Been Donated (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
- Playkey Tokens (PKT) to debut as payment method by end of May (Leaprate), Rated: B
- European Union
- Binance integrated into the Nexo Platform as Crypto Loan Collateral (ICO Examiner), Rated: AAA
- Crypto Wallet Trezor Adds Support for Fictional Currency PiedPiperCoin (CCN), Rated: A
- TokenPay Acquire German Bank, Could Verge And Litecoin Be Next? (CryptoDaily), Rated: A
- Electrum Copycat Crypto Wallet Steals Seed Keys (NewsBTC), Rated: B
- United Kingdom
- Cryptocurrency Trading Platform Launches First Regulated Ethereum Futures (Forbes), Rated: AAA
- Energi Mine Launch Phase 1 of EnergiToken Rewards Platform (Bitcoin.com), Rated: B
- Binance vs Bitfinex Exchange Comparison (Coin Central), Rated: AAA
- Augur (REP) Cryptocurrency Gets Added To Binance Crypto Exchange Listings (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
- Gov’t Considering Blockchain For Trade Supply Chains (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
- Japan’s GMO Has Mined Over 900 Bitcoins – Hashrate Doubled Last Month (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
- Eastern Europe
- Belarus Will Introduce Education And Income Requirements For ICO And Crypto Investors (Cryptona), Rated: AAA
Robinhood Aims to Rival Coinbase in Crypto With $ 363 Million Funding Round (Fortune), Rated: AAA
Robinhood, the free stock trading app, has raised $363 million in a new investment round valuing the company at $5.6 billion.
The Series D round, announced Thursday, makes Robinhood the second most valuable private fintech startup in the U.S. after Stripe, the online payments company.
In the past year, the number of Robinhood brokerage accounts has doubled to more than 4 million, surpassing E*Trade, which had 3.7 million according to its most recently monthly disclosure.
At the same time, Robinhood’s valuation—which stood at $1.3 billion after its last fundraising round a year ago—has more than quadrupled.
Ripple Reveals Results Of First Pilot Tests Using XRP Cryptocurrency (Forbes), Rated: AAA
Blockchain startup Ripple has revealed the results of the first pilot tests using the XRP cryptocurrency created by its founders.
The third-most-valuable cryptocurrency by market cap, at $31.4 billion, XRP is part of a larger effort within the venture-backed startup that raised $93 million from Santander, CME Ventures, Accenture and more to free up dormant capital stored in accounts around the world.
Instead of the time-consuming and cumbersome process of storing money in international accounts just in case they need it, Ripple hopes that users will move the value using the XRP cryptocurrency and software, freeing up that capital for other uses.
Constance confirmed numbers revealed in a statement this morning by Ripple that showed 40%-to-70% reduction in costs compared to other foreign exchange providers and an average payment time of two minutes, compared to two to three days for typical cross-border payments.
XRP Symbol Proposes New Logo to Distinguish Coin from Other Ripple Products (cryptovest), Rated: B
To settle in finality that Ripple is not a coin, and that XRP is only one of its products, XRP Symbol – a community project focused on proposing a new symbol for thecryptocurrency- unveiled a new logo that will distinguish it from the likes of xCurrent, xRapid, and anything else produced by the company. Prior to the change in logo, it is very easy to confuse XRP with Ripple, with many people believing both are interchangeable since Ripple’s ticker symbol is XRP.
Bitcoin Cash [BCH] looks to take #3 position from Ripple [XRP] (AMBCrypto), Rated: AAA
Ripple [XRP] is feeling the burn from Bitcoin Cash [BCH], with a $3 billion difference in the overall market cap of the two. The fight is for the #3 position, which holds a lot of assumed power as being in the top 3 most traded coins.
Ripple is currently still at the number 3 position with a market cap of $31.44 billion. Bitcoin Cash is close behind with $28.57 billion. Bitcoin Cash needs a 15.15% hike in price to take over Ripple’s position as the number 3 biggest currency by market cap. This would mean that a price increase to close to $1900 would break Ripple’s position in the top 3, assuming XRP doesn’t change in price.
Reasons Behind Coinbase 1000% Transactional Growth (Hade Platform), Rated: A
A few moments ago, the company announced that it has increased by 1000% transactions when compared to the entire transactions that were executed on its platform in 2017.
As of Nov 2017, the number of users in Coinbase is 13.3 million.
YouTubers flock to alternative, coin-based platforms to fight growing demonetization (Polygon), Rated: AAA
That’s what any creator will pronounce on Twitter or YouTube. Ongoing demonetization struggles, alleged video suppression and constantly increasing competition are making creators feel they need to look elsewhere to generate income. YouTubers often sell their own lines of merchandise, or rely on additional income from subscription services like Patreon and Twitch. Some YouTubers are looking to cryptocurrency platforms, like the Brave browser or BitChute, as a way to generate revenue based solely on views.
And now there’s Snakt, an app developed by Tristan Snell, that’s looking to give YouTube creators an additional opportunity to monetize their content instead of relying on YouTube.
bitFlyer Scooping Wall Street Talent for International Expansion (Bitsonline), Rated: AAA
The world’s fourth-largest crypto exchange bitFlyer is hiring traders and bankers from top mainstream financial institutions in a bid to expand its operations around the world as well as work inside the regulatory fence.
This Cryptocurrency Billionaire Is Trying to Split California Into Three States (Bloomberg), Rated: AAA
Tim Draper, the billionaire venture capitalist and legend in the world of cryptocurrency, has an idea: Let’s split California into three separate states.
The way Draper sees it, smaller states would be run by more efficient and less bureaucratic governments as they compete for residents and business.
Draper — who scored a huge windfall a few years back when he bought a load of bitcoin that had been seized by the U.S. government— has gone from being a Democrat to Republican to Libertarian to, well, his own party that believes California’s government’s problem is that it lacks competition. The party platform is simple: break up California.
Bitcoin Developers Build Prototype for ‘Dandelion’ Privacy Tool (CoinDesk), Rated: A
Developers hoping to bring a higher level of transaction anonymity to the bitcoin blockchain have built a prototype for their “Dandelion” privacy project.
The test, according to an email sent to the bitcoin development mailing list on Thursday, comes after the team behind the project added more theoretical analysis in a bid to address concerns that the initial Dandelion proposal may be exposed to a deanonymization attack.
Beyond ICO investing: Steps to building a core crypto portfolio (Brave New Coin), Rated: A
When setting up your investment strategy, consider the following three steps in building your core portfolio. These steps should underpin your overall investment approach but not define it. Make sure to do your own research on every crypto asset that you choose to put in your portfolio.
- Outline your risk appetite and profit targets
- Structure an investment portfolio
- Choose which types of crypto assets you want to invest in
SEC Cyber Unit Chief Warns Steeper Penalties May Be Coming for ICO Issuers That Flout Rules (TheRecorder), Rated: A
Robert Cohen, the head of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s cyber unit, warned on Thursday that the agency may seek more severe sanctions against issuers of initial coin offerings if they continue to flout securities regulations.
Why Ethereum (ETH) Won’t Be Classified As A Security Any Time Soon (Stocks Gazette), Rated: A
There may be serious concerns about Ethereum’s coin offering in 2014 that raised about $18.3 million or 31,000 BTC, and whether investors bought tokens expecting to earn a profit in the future. However, the fear that the second largest cryptocurrency by market behind Bitcoin may be termed as a security will be decided by the authorities, be it the regulators or the court system. But that may not be any time soon.
Win $ 300 of Ethereum – Every Day until Sunday May 13th (The Merkle), Rated: B
Organizers of the second Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Blockchain Super Conference (which is being held in September at Dallas) are running a special promotion. Every attendee who buys their ticket before 9:59pm each day will be put into a complimentary raffle, where one lucky winner will receive $300 of Ethereum transferred to their wallet immediately. (Considering that, on a typical day, ticket sales range from four to ten, the odds of winning stand at between 10% and 25%.)
An aspiring Bloomberg for bitcoin is connecting investors directly with the teams working on the hottest cryptos (Business Insider), Rated: A
Blockfolio, a popular platform crypto investors use to check their holdings, is aiming to be the Bloomberg for crypto.
The firm, which announced Thursday the close of a $3 million in venture funding round, has taken its first big step towards its lofty vision with the launch of Signal, a new service that will allow cryptocurrency development teams to send information directly to investors on the Blockfolio app.
AmeriCoin: This Idea To Tokenize the US Dollar Is Compelling And Thorny (Futurism), Rated: AAA
If the U.S. Government got into the cryptocurrency game, there might be a way for everyone to get something they want. A government-distributed coin could create wealth for America, by leveraging America as a dominant player in the cryptocurrency game. Or so goes the theory proposed in a blog post by Silicon Valley investor and OpenAI co-chairman Sam Altman.
Altman’s idea envisions a system where every American, perhaps based on social security numbers, is given a set number of digital coins, which the government would be unable to inflate or otherwise tamper with.
Creating a virtual currency and embracing crypto wallets could be a good move for America on a practical level, too — the Federal Reserve allocated over $860M to create paper money in 2018, and that doesn’t even account for how much it costs to create coins, or the money lost because of (or spent enforcing actions against) counterfeit dollars and coins.
What is a SAFT? A crypto fundraising method drawing regulatory scrutiny (MarketWatch), Rated: A
A number of companies looking to finance large digital-currency projects have turned to so-called SAFTs: Simple Agreement for Future Tokens. According to a report from the Wall Street Journal, over 60 companies have raised $564 million via this presale method.
Tipping Point Gala Accepts Crypto Donations, Raises $ 14 Million (Bitcoin.com), Rated: A
A gala held by Tipping Point, a non-profit organization that seeks to invest in efforts aimed at breaking the poverty cycle in the San Francisco Bay Area, has raised more than $14 million USD. The gala comprises the time that Tipping Point has accepted cryptocurrency donations, with the event being attended by the respective chief executive officers of Coinbase, Ripple Labs, and Pantera Capital Management.
This company hopes its cryptocurrency can help the internet of things reach its true potential (MIT Technology Review), Rated: AAA
Anyone who hears that an internet-of-things startup is getting into blockchain technology would be forgiven for laughing it off as another hollow scheme. But Amir Haleem, cofounder of Helium, says he has no interest in making a quick buck off the irrational exuberance that permeates the cryptocurrency world. In fact, just the opposite—he’s interested in cryptocurrency only as a way to build a true internet of things, once and for all. And he knows his idea is so far-out it could take a while before people catch on.
Haleem started Helium in 2013, along with Napster creator Shawn Fanning. The company’s first product, which is now on the market, is a hardware system that uses a homegrown wireless standard to provide long-range, low-power wireless coverage for devices like sensors that track and monitor medicine or food supply chains. Software routes the data to internet-based applications hosted by whoever owns the sensors.
9 Facts on Mining Cryptocurrencies (Business Journalism), Rated: A
CPUs are not sufficient enough to run cryptocurrency mining operations on a computer, which is why GPUs are used.
ASIC, or application specific integrated circuit essentially does the same thing as a GPU but is designated for the specific purpose of mining for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and does a much better job than GPUs.
Since mining can get costly and running mining rigs radiate a lot of heat, selling space with the necessary electrical infrastructure to miners is another way to make money.
Best Graphic Cards For Bitcoin And Other Cryptocurrencies Mining (ValueWalk), Rated: A
The importance of the graphics card is quite evident from the fact that last year over 3 million add-in board (AIB) graphics cards worth around $776 million were purchased by the miners, according to a report by Jon Peddie Research (JPR).
AMD RADEON RX 580 is the first in our list. It is a preferred choice of the cryptocurrency miners due to its remarkable performance and pricing. Though its price is inflated now due to high-demand, it still offers value for money. It gives a lucrative hash rate of 29 mh/s along with keeping the electricity consumption low.
Next in our list of the best graphics card is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070, which is ideal for both – gamers and cryptocurrency miners. The card offers a hash rate of around 30 mh/s, and that too with low power consumption.
AMD RADEON RX 570 is the next as it offers similar performance as the RX 580, but at a lower cost. It is $60 cheaper than the Radeon RX 580, but offers 90% of the 580’s Ethereum hash rate. It has 4GB onboard GDDR5, and can also be fine-tuned for greater efficiency.
Greenville startup to open $ 10M data center for cryptocurrency mining (Upstate Business Journal), Rated: A
Now Greenville-based startup Treis Mining is looking to capitalize off the growing market and invest about $10 million in a cryptocurrency data center.
Located in a 25,000-square-foot warehouse off Pelham Road, the center will house South Carolina’s largest cryptocurrency mining farm once renovations are complete, according to David Pence, managing director and co-founder of Treis. The company plans to invest $2 million in capital improvements over the next two to three years.
Portland Community Radio Station KBOO Had Its Computer Servers Hacked by Cryptocurrency Miners (Willamette Week), Rated: B
Hackers hijacked the website of Portland community radio station KBOO last month, injecting rogue code into the site in order to use the radio station’s servers to mine cryptocurrency.
GoodFirms Research liberates the list of Top Smart Contract Development Companies (EIN News), Rated: A
Here you can breeze through the list of Top Smart Contract Development Companies:
Bullish On Quantstamp Because Bad Guys Don’t Quit (Crypto Briefing), Rated: A
This need for smart contract security became very apparent on June 18th, 2016 when the DAO was hacked.
In short, the Quantstamp team has created (and is continually improving) software that can automatically audit smart contracts, and then a second layer of security is added through a bounty program where community members are incentivized to find bugs in the smart contract code after the automated verification is completed.
The new Superset system allows anyone to create smart contracts in English using a web browser or mobile phone (Digital Journal), Rated: A
Superset is the revolutionary new platform that enables anyone to create smart contracts in plain English from a web browser or mobile phone and have it deployed automatically on the Superset network. The smart contract can be for anything such as to pay the house owner a specific amount of rent every month or a team of 200 researchers who need to be remunerated at a certain period. Moreover, Superset can also be used to completely replicate products that have raised millions via ICOs.
Proposed blockchain bill could push Illinois to forefront of smart contract use, attorney says (Cook County Record), Rated: B
Illinois state House Bill 5553, the “Blockchain Technology Act,” could change the way business is done in Illinois, Christopher R. Barth, a partner at Locke Lord’s Chicago office, told the Cook County Record.
“By granting legal recognition to blockchain-based smart contracts, Illinois would jump to the forefront of encouraging the broad application of this technology and resulting efficiencies across all forms of business transactions,” he said.
Kodak to Launch Third Round of Funding for Digital Token (Bloomberg), Rated: A
Wenn Digital Inc., the company licensing Kodak’s name, is seeking $10 million to $40 million from accredited investors, starting May 21. The initial coin offering for the KodakOne coin, which aims to help photographers get paid for their works, has raised $3.25 million from three institutional investors so far. The firm expects to take in another $6.75 million in a second round of funding that should close May 18.
Crypto KABN Announces Patent Pending Blockchain-Enabled Biometric ID Validation for Token Offerings (Yahoo! Finance), Rated: A
Crypto KABN Holdings Inc. (‘Crypto KABN’ or the ‘Company’) an innovator in financial services, technologies and products for the blockchain industry, is pleased to announce its patent application for an invention of a one-time verification process for token offerings. The Company has filed a patent with the USPTO for ‘the use of blockchain registries for validating personally identifiable information attributes.’ The application increases efficiencies for ICO transactions by reducing the KYC / AML ‘friction’ of buyers constantly having to repeat KYC / AML for each ICO purchased and provides a whitelist for ICOs, bringing a greater number of qualified buyers to token offering.
Cryptocurrency Portfolio Tracker Coincall Publishes a List of Shitcoins (BTCManager), Rated: B
Proxy Voting Is the Latest Target For Blockchain Disruption (Bloomberg), Rated: B
Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc., a provider of trade-processing technology, has been granted a U.S. patent for distributed-ledger technology that could improve the processes for proxy voting and repurchase agreements.
More People Search ‘How to Buy’ Bitcoin, Ripple Than Homes, Cars and Gold (Daily HODL), Rated: AAA
Tron (TRX) HODLers Number 1.08 Million as Binance Supports Token Migration (Global Coin Report), Rated: AAA
The second quarter of 2018 is a beehive of activity for the crypto-verse with a handful of projects showing tremendous progress in terms of releasing their MainNet versions of their blockchains. Tron (TRX) tops the list with its MainNet launch scheduled for the 31st of May which is less than three weeks away. As a matter of fact, there is an official countdown on the Tron Website specifically tailored for the MainNet launch. It currently reads 20 days 13 hours and 10 minutes at the moment of writing this.
This launch has been anticipated by the entire Tron Community that was revealed by Justin Sun, to number 1.08 Million enthusiastic HODLers.
Launching an ICO Token on Ethereum in Less Than Thirty Minutes (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
Today we decided to create a contract using the programming language Solidity, in order to create a custom token using the Ethereum network. We want to demonstrate just how easy it is for anyone with very little coding knowledge to launch a coin.
We followed a short walkthrough written by Moritz Neto, and watched a quick video filmed by the Youtuber Ivan on Tech. Both instructions detailed the creation of an ERC-20 token that can be done in less than 20 minutes, and we created a token called ‘Posternut (PTN) in 25 minutes. In light of our first time creating a Solidity contract, we used ETH testnet tokens on the Ropsten Network so no real funds were lost.
The Simplicity of Launching an ICO
The name of our token is called ‘Posternut (PNT)’ and there are 100Mn tokens now in existence on the Ropsten network.
We all know that these ICOs raise a lot of money as token sales have raised over $5.6Bn in 2017 alone, and continue to raise funds this year. If all it takes is a website, 25 minutes of coding, and a white paper this may be why over 46 percent of ICOs fail.
Feng Li’s stake in Tron (TRX) and Coinbase could take Tron to the skies (Global Coin Report), Rated: A
Feng Li is one of the crypto-coin world main players and investors. He played a crucial role in funding Ripple‘s start in 2013 (and has a seat on the board of directors) by investing $32.9 million. But even before that, he was the very first investor to put money into Coinbase.
Now, according to recent rumors going on Reddit and Twitter, it could be the case that Mr. Li also is involved with Tron.
Bitcoin could soar as high as $ 64,000 next year, investment research firm Fundstrat predicts (CNBC), Rated: A
The growth of bitcoin “mining” activity could send the cryptocurrency’s price as high as $64,000, investment research firm Fundstrat said Thursday.
“We believe the current path of hash power growth supports a BTC price of about $36,000 by 2019 year end, with a $20,000-$64,000 range,” Sam Doctor, head of data science research at Fundstrat, said in a report.
SIMPLE ETHEREUM VENDING MACHINES WITH NODEMCU (Hackaday), Rated: A
It turns out we can do exactly that with NodeMCU using WebSocket. Like HTTP, WebSocket is a communications protocol that uses TCP connections (typically over port 80), but it allows full-duplex communication. In other words, you can establish a connection to a server, and send/receive messages without needing to poll the server.
As usual, we’ll start off by connecting to WiFi:
Bittrex Listing “Likely Better Indicator of Coin Credibility than Binance” (ICO Examiner), Rated: A
It is the world’s leading crypto-currency exchange, and a coin listing on its platform has been thought to cost anything up to $1m USD for a single trading pair.
“It’s another example of Binance demonstrating lack of interest in coins they list,” states one user on Reddit. “80% of Bytecoin is pre-mined and held by an unknown user, why aren’t Binance asking about that?”
The implication is that Binance simply ignored any potential conflicts of interest raised by what was a 600%+ pump in the price of Bytecoin in the hours following its listing on the platform.
Even the Smallest of Computing Device Targeted to Mine Crypto-Currency (SpamFighter), Rated: A
As crypto-currency mining malware become more and more popular among cyber-criminals for churning revenue there is a hike in online sale of crypto-jacking malicious programs on the underground markets. However, even as plenty of crooks aim attacks on computers and servers for clandestinely mining digital coins, there are now more and more crypto-jackers targeting IoT (Internet of Thing) appliances for the same purpose.
Pineapple Fund Writes Farewell Post, Reports That All Funds Have Been Donated (CoinTelegraph), Rated: A
Pineapple Fund, a Bitcoin-only charity, has reportedly accomplished its ultimate mission and donated 5104 bitcoins (BTC) or $55 mln to various nonprofit organizations, the fund’s creator wrote in a farewell post on Reddit May 10.
Playkey Tokens (PKT) to debut as payment method by end of May (Leaprate), Rated: B
The international cloud-based gaming platform Playkey has unveiled its plans to integrate its utility token (PKT) payment system for subscriptions into the current cloud-based gaming platform. In addition to the usual fiat payments, the change is set to take place by the end of May 2018.
Binance integrated into the Nexo Platform as Crypto Loan Collateral (ICO Examiner), Rated: AAA
Nexo has announced that it will soon be accepting Binance Coin as collateral for loans on its platform. The company also said it has received applications from 26 other companies looking to have their tokens added to the platform. Currently, Nexo’s clients can use Bitcoin, Ethereum and Nexo’s own token as collateral.
Cryptocurrency hardware wallet Trezor has added support for PiedPiperCoin (PPC), the fictional currency created the main characters of HBO show Silicon Valley.
TokenPay Acquire German Bank, Could Verge And Litecoin Be Next? (CryptoDaily), Rated: A
Late last night, we saw news of TokenPay making an acquisition of German bank, WEG Bank AG.
According to TokenPay, the acquisition accounts for shares of around 10%, with an additional 80% of the bank potentially up for grabs, pending customary regulatory approval. What seems to have started off as a small acquisition, could eventually lead to a complete overhaul for WEG Bank AG.
Rumours are now surfacing that point towards a future enrolment of Verge and Litecoin as a part of this deal, this is certainly fitting when you note that TokenPay do seem to be in line to increase their stake, should custom regulations approve this.
Electrum Copycat Crypto Wallet Steals Seed Keys (NewsBTC), Rated: B
Researchers at popular Bitcoin wallet app Electrum have exposed a malicious copycat that has been designed to steal seed keys. The dubious doppelganger called Electrum Pro appeared online in March and has been flagged as malware since.
Cryptocurrency Trading Platform Launches First Regulated Ethereum Futures (Forbes), Rated: AAA
So, you think Ethereum is a crock? Later today you’ll be able to express that belief with a regulated futures product.
Following in the path of bitcoin futures launched by UK-based CryptoFacilities in 2015, and XRP futures launched in 2016, the company regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK will start trading Ethereum futures at 4pm UK time today.
Energi Mine Launch Phase 1 of EnergiToken Rewards Platform (Bitcoin.com), Rated: B
Energi Mine, the AI-based energy company, today announced the beta launch of its Energi Token rewards platform.
Binance vs Bitfinex Exchange Comparison (Coin Central), Rated: AAA
Disappointingly to U.S. residents, Bitfinex discontinued service to the United States toward the end of 2017. Although this discontinuation appears to be temporary, it’s unclear how long it will actually last.
The Bitfinex interface is significantly more complicated than Binance. But, the platform also supports more advanced trading. Along with market, limit, and other types of conditional orders, you can trade on margin as well. As this brings a whole new level of risk to an already volatile market, we recommend that you only trade on margin if you’re an experienced investor.
Binance charges just 0.10% per trade and cuts the fee in half if you pay with Binance Coin (BNB).
Bitfinex uses a trading fee schedule that calculates fees based on your trading history and whether you’re a maker (putting an order on the books) or taker (filling an order from the books). Maker fees vary from free to 0.10% while taker fees range from 0.10% to 0.20%.
Augur (REP) Cryptocurrency Gets Added To Binance Crypto Exchange Listings (Bitcoin Exchange Guide), Rated: A
In a recent announce made by the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in the world, Binance is now listing Augur (REP token).
Gov’t Considering Blockchain For Trade Supply Chains (CoinTelegraph), Rated: AAA
According to news site ZDnet, the spokesperson from Australia’s Department of Home Affairs (DHA) said the technology could have a significant positive effect on the country’s trade supply chain.
Japan’s GMO Has Mined Over 900 Bitcoins – Hashrate Doubled Last Month (Bitcoin.com), Rated: AAA
“We are currently mining bitcoin (BTC) and bitcoin cash (BCH),” GMO wrote. The company mined 373 BTC and 0 BCH in April. In March, it mined 295 BTC and 12 BCH and in February 124 BTC and 287 BCH. Overall, GMO has mined 906 BTC and 537 BCH so far since it began operation.
Belarus Will Introduce Education And Income Requirements For ICO And Crypto Investors (Cryptona), Rated: AAA
The National Bank of the Republic of Belarus is considering strict requirements for investing in Initial coin offerings. The regulatory framework will also be effected in crypto exchanges. In the Initial Coin Offering sector, the regulators proposed limiting the investment to qualified investors only so as to minimize the risk of common investors losing their money.